Anyone have negative experiences with kitty litter?

Started by CoreyMacLeod, 08/08/2017 08:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoreyMacLeod

Curious.  I've found that it doesn't absorb moisture nearly as quickly as other medias, and certainly doesn't regulate RH like others.  All in all, though, I've had decent luck with it.
No Signature Necessary.

Brlesq

QuoteCoreyMacLeod - 8/8/2017  9:18 PM

Curious.  I've found that it doesn't absorb moisture nearly as quickly as other medias, and certainly doesn't regulate RH like others.  All in all, though, I've had decent luck with it.

Hmmm.... I use KL in all of my humidors and it holds a rock steady 65%.

You know that you're not supposed to use KL that the cat already pissed on, right?

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

toby2

only for a bit. then i discovered flour worked worked much better at finding the wet spot...

Brlesq

Quotetoby2 - 8/8/2017  10:05 PM

only for a bit. then i discovered flour worked worked much better at finding the wet spot...

Only on fat cigars  :lmao:  :lmao:  

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

05Venturer

Anyone have negative experiences with kitty litter?

Not since I got rid of the cat  :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

danb6177

QuoteBrlesq - 8/8/2017  10:21 PM

Quotetoby2 - 8/8/2017  10:05 PM

Only on fat cigars  :lmao:  :lmao:  

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

DonM

QuoteBrlesq - 8/9/2017  12:30 AM

You know that you're not supposed to use KL that the cat already pissed on, right?

:lmao:  :lmao:

As Ken said, get rid of the cat!

"The Curmudgeon"

Vroomp

I heard I may have when I was a kid, but my older brothers may have been teasing me........... :confused:
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

jharrisx5

Puff Puff Give....

CoreyMacLeod

QuoteBrlesq - 8/8/2017  9:30 PM

Is that why my cigars have had an odd taste recently?
No Signature Necessary.

Jackal

I use kitty litter that has been coated with PG.  I take fresh silica gel (crystal kitty litter) and add enough PG (100%, not the 50% "cigar juice") to wet them out evenly.  I allow them to dry, and they are ready to go.

The PG acts as a humectant, slowing down the evaporation of water.  The crystals won't hold quite as much water as untreated silica, but I find that they don't spike humidity either after being charged and stay wet longer.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

DonM

I don't care of the scientific properties surrounding kitty litter, a product designed for cats to urinate and shyt in will never be introduced to my humidor.  And no I do not have a cat

:biggrin:

"The Curmudgeon"

n5odj

Been using it for several years with no problem at all.  I've never used beads & I understand beads may have some kind of coating or salts that regulate humidity to an exact percentage (?????).   The KL, I believe, acts more as a buffer, holding the humidity at whatever you set it at.  It works very well at that.

sambadave

I gave up KL and went to the Cigar Mechanic blocks or similar.   They are basically a plastic holder filled with beads.  Easy to recharge.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.