never again

Started by sccrom1, 08/14/2017 08:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sccrom1

recently purchased a sampler that included A Gurkha Titan. The pos started unraveling from the get go. Quickly tossed and went to something else. Every past experience including this one with a Gurkha has been negative. In the future, I will never ever ever buy any sampler or deal that includes any Gurkha. How in God's name is this brand supposedly so highly rated with MSRP's that are in the stratosphere.

CarlosoftHUN

What was the negative in the Gurkha cigars you smoke, if I can ask? I am curious to hear...
Cigars - What else?

"The light ones may be killers, the dark ones mild; not the wrappers but the fillers, make cigars or women wild." -Keith Preston

sccrom1

One or more of the following issues

Construction
Burn
Draw
Flavor profile generally not to my liking

Cfickter

For the most part Gurkha thinks more highly of themselves than deos the general cigar smoking public.  Now there are plenty of people who enjoy Gurkhas and generally have good luck with them.  I will say that there is one cigar I do like and that is the 15 year reserve.  Have enjoyed them and for the most part had good success with them.
Gurkha, or at least they believe they do, market a premium cigar.  They want you to think you are getting their great cigar at a great price.  Also if you repeat it often enough people will begin to believe that it is true.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Deener27

Quotesccrom1 - 8/14/2017  8:05 AM

How in God's name is this brand supposedly so highly rated with MSRP's that are in the stratosphere.

It is a marketing gimmick.  You can find their stuff at a gigantic fraction of what the set MSRP is on most seller sites.  I have to be honest, there is no way that they even come close to some of the other cigars that have premium pricing attached to them, Padron comes to mind at this point.

Save your money and try other stuff, that is my only take.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

shakinghorizons

Had one, tossed it, never returned - life is too short.

Jackal

The master select is a very good cigar.  I also enjoy the Symphony if I am looking for a mild, creamy stick.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Beegerply

I call them chuck a smoke two puffs and done :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

CoreyMacLeod

I can make anything I want and put any MSRP on it.  Doesn't mean it's legit.  Don't know of anyone that pays some of the MSRPs that you see with most of their cigars.
No Signature Necessary.

jharrisx5

Have to say...the Master Select and the Triple Ligero are both sticks I have enjoyed...most leave me wanting something better though
Puff Puff Give....

DonM

I am sure there are some Gurkha's out there that are good and we have 716 listed in our database. I just haven't smoked one yet. Not am I going to go through 716 to find one I like

"The Curmudgeon"

cigar-guy

I have never been much of a Gurkha fan but did come across one I rather enjoyed:
Gurkha Grand Reserve Torpedo Maduro, it's infused with Remy Martin Louis XIII cognac, about $10.  Pretty mild though

Olddog

Not a big fan of Gurkha either, but when I see they have some of the most expensive cigars out there like the Black Dragon and His Majesty's Reserve at nearly $1,000 each.  Makes me wonder if they make the best in the world and all the rest is just left over from them that they sell at the bottom end.
"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

jagfandaddy

I've never had one. Sounds like i'm not missing anything!
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.