Aging cigars in a tupperdor

Started by Titus13, 08/27/2017 09:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Titus13

Does anyone age,cigars in a tupperdor? If so how? thanks

cigar-guy

Yes and no.  Not intentionally but have kept some cigars in a tupperdor for up to 6 months.  Use boveda packs.  Cigars do improve with age but have not tried any longer.  Would imagine if you wrap in cedar sleeves like from cigar tubes this could improve your success.  With boveda packs the humidity never changes so that is a plus.  Would like to see if anyone else has insight on this.

The Burn Ward

Have a few tupperdors going some with isoms and some with nc, with cigars that have been in there 3+ years that smoke perfectly. I use a piece of thin cigar box cedar cut to fit on the bottom and one on top with a boveda 67 or 65. Open about once a month to take from or inspect. Never any issues.

The Burn Ward

Aging is about time, RH and temp.

pferg

Ive had a tubador going for 4 or 5 years now and it works fine. I store cigars in the boxes or a cedar tray and use KL to maintain the humidity.

danb6177

You can age cigars in anything that is sealed and holds the Desired RH.
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Silverstix

Like others said, aging is about time, RH, and temperature.  Tupperdor is the perfect environment for maintaining RH because it's airtight and it's basically autopilot.  But if you're really talking about aging, you should think about temperature control too.  Unless you have a place in your house that maintains 70 degrees, you should think about getting a wineador for it's temperature control capabilities.  

I don't age my cigars for the specific purpose of aging them.  I have my tupperdor for two things: resting cigars and overflow/bulk storage.  Works great for both.  Sure there is accidental aging going on by default, but that's not intended.  I don't drive myself crazy about temp and RH, anywhere between 63-70RH is good for me and if the temp gets up to 75 degrees or so I don't sweat that either.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.