New amateur

Started by Bjorgvin, 09/13/2017 01:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjorgvin

Hello
I am Bjorgvin, 62 year old, accountant.   I live in Iceland and here its not easy to buy cigars.  I can say we only have one importer who is selling several brands, all very limited.  And if I want to import cigars, I have to pay huge amounts to Customs.  So I buy cigars when I am abroad.  I vist Florida most often once a year.  And there I can find "paradise cigar shops".
As said before, I am new in smoking.  Never smoked in my life, but now I find cigar smoking most interesting and I like it very much.  I know nothing about cigars but I am trying to learn and I look very much online and read and watch videos.
So...this is a small story about the Icelandic guy here.... dont know if there are any others......

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

danb6177

Welcome from Tampa bay. To learn you have come to the right place! What cigars are your favorites so far?
I used to sit outside all night and drink bud lite and smoke Marlboros and everyone thought I was a bum. Now I sit outside all night and drink craft beers and smoke cigars and everyone thinks I have class.
-----
Money cant buy happiness but it CAN buy cigars

Cap10_Morgan

Welcome from Jacksonville, Florida.  As Dan said, you definitely came to the right place to learn!
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

appollo

:welcome: From Nova Scotia.We have the same issue here in Canada with the high taxes on cigars.There are some suppliers who will mark them as something else or put a reduced value on them.Atlantic Cigar,Flatbed Cigar Company and Cigar Place are the ones I am familiar with.Enjoy the site.Also this site as an abundance of enablers. :-)

Bjorgvin

Thank you for your greeting.  I am now in the situation that I can not say what I really like.  I prefer bigger cigars, mild to medium.  Sorry for my ignorance.

Silverstix

Welcome from New York!! You've come to the right place

Brlesq

Glad to have you join us here!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

shakinghorizons

Welcome from Colorado!

jagfandaddy

Welcome from the other guy from Jacksonville. This is the place as I started on this forum as a novice and still learning.
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Beegerply

Welcome form Moline Illinois, home of John Deere. We all started at the same point at one time when we first started smoking cigars.    :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

bstessl

Welcome from NW Indiana!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Olddog

Welcome. Stationed  in Keflavik for 3 years in mid 90's so little familiar with how expensive things can be there. Did enjoy the time there as well. Lots of great guys who will get you going here.
"Honest men, with pipes or cigars in their mouths, have great physical advantages in conversation. You may stop talking if you like, but the breaks of silence never seem disagreeable, being filled up by the puffing of smoke." - William Makepeace Thackeray

pferg

Welcome from Alberta Canada

MacMac

Welcome the the Cigar Geek community!
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

ntanner

Welcome from New Mexico.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Gustoff

Welcome to they site!
"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

toby2

Savonian

Hello from another Nordic Geek!  :welcome:

Vroomp

:welcome: to the site from Atlanta~!
Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

BrockDB

Welcome from Missouri
- Brock

"Some people meditate; I smoke cigars..." - Ron Perlman

SKOL VIKINGS!

Shukpaw

:welcome:  to Cigar Geeks.
I'm right 98% of the time.  Who cares about the other 3%?

McBryde

Welcome aboard from Arkansas.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

BewareDaPenguin

Welcome from Illinois :welcome:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

nirab

Welcome from beeuudaful Buda, Texas! :biggrin:

ps...I'll ship cigars to Iceland!!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.