Tom Petty RIP

Started by nirab, 10/02/2017 03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

Just saw a news clip stating that Tom Petty passed away at the age of 66... :-(  :sad:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

appollo

Great musician ,had alot of great tunes. :-(

ninfiction

And yet another piece of my youth is lost forever.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

05Venturer

Quoteninfiction - 10/2/2017  4:47 PM

And yet another piece of my youth is lost forever.

No kidding  :cry:

"Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. There's not some trick involved with it. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals, it communicates and does all these incredible things."
 Tom Petty
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

headfirst

Man I JUST saw him at the Hollywood Bowl, last stop on his 40th anniversary tour.  He played for 2 hours and played every big hit, there were only 3 songs I didn't know the whole night.  There were some funny stories, some good one liners, and lots of great drive it straight ahead Tom Petty tunes, voice still sounded the same too.

Most memorable part of the night was him telling the crowd the next song is a sing-along and it was free Fallin'.  Whole crowd sang with him the whole song.  So glad I made it to that show.

Another was him dedicating I won't back down to all the hurricane victims.

RIP Tom.   :sad:
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Caveman Steve

Apparently, He AINT DEAD YET!

"Clinging to life on life support"

Doesn't look good though.

:cry:
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Vroomp

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

nirab

QuoteCaveman Steve - 10/2/2017  7:32 PM

Apparently, He AINT DEAD YET!

"Clinging to life on life support"

Doesn't look good though.

:cry:

That is correct. I may have jumped too soon, as CBS and TMZ did...would love a miracle...the whole world could use one...
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ninfiction

Quotenirab - 10/2/2017  5:42 PM

would love a miracle...the whole world could use one...

:bigthumbs:
This is not the admin you're looking for...

amigodecigars

Wish that I was with him when he met Elvis.
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Brlesq

Quoteamigodecigars - 10/2/2017  7:49 PM

Wish that I was with him when he met Elvis.

Did you read the thread or look at the news?? He AIN'T DEAD YET!

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

kuke

Apparently he's in rough shape but still hanging in there.

Vroomp

Apparently, there were several inaccurate stories out there...........  He's gone... :-(

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.

Silverstix

RIP Tom.  Was fortunate enough to see him this summer here in NYC.  I always liked his music, but was never really a dedicated follower like I am with some other artists.  Anyway, a friend of mine had an extra ticket for the show and I thought "hell yeah, it's Tom Petty, I'll go check him out."  So glad that I did that.  This guy was an ABSOLUTE ROCK STAR in every sense of the term.  From the second he came on stage you could feel his presence....he just owned that whole place the second he came out.  I don't know if it's the look or the attitude, probably both.  It was awesome.  You never realize how many incredible songs he has until he blasts them out one after another after another, you're talking about a guy who played the Super Bowl!  

P.S - never seen that much smoke at a show in my entire life.  Add up all the shows I've ever been to, still doesn't match it.  When the light show was going on during one of his songs, it was a total mushroom cloud in the place.....almost had to change my shirt cause my wife would think I was out partying all night haha.

DonM

Yesterday was a sad day, I grew up listening to Tom.  RIP

"The Curmudgeon"

Vroomp

Tom only slightly stoned with my friend Dan Baird Circa 1987.......

wescat

I have always loved his music. I never did see him play with the Heartbreakers, but I did catch him a few times when he was with Mudcrutch. And I drank a few beers with his dad one afternoon while working on a van of mine.

RIP Tom.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

cigar-guy

Truly inspired music, a great loss.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.