Anti-Anti Smoking Campaign

Started by Vroomp, 10/03/2017 02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vroomp

Got this from a friend.........

22221569_1506215132749693_2259865787308789008_n

Stoptober

In many countries around the world, October is the month to try  to stop people to smoke under the name ‘stoptober’. This morning I got  invited to a Facebook group called Aficionados Liberation Front, a group  that was founded to troll the yearly anti-tobacco protest in front of  the Intertabac trade show. Now the group is targeting the Stoptober  movement, and you can join. How? See the copied message below:

“Dearly appreciated fellow partisans,

After a 2 year silence we feel the time is right for another playful  guerilla action against the anti smoking lobby. This time we will  attempt to hijack the hashtag #stoptober on facebook and instagram.

Plan of action: Share pictures of the cigars you smoke in October on  your personal FB page and instagram account and add #stoptober as a  comment. When posting on your FB page make sure the post is set to  public. Wouldn’t it be fun if people clicked the hashtag all they’ll see  is pictures of cigars being smoked? We feel we actually are with great enough numbers to pull this off but please also invite other aficionados to join us.

Hopefully we can be as successful as with our last playful guerilla  action in 2015 against an anti-smoking group that was protesting at  Intertabac that year.

As you may remember we hijacked their Facebook page by bombing it  with selfies in which we enjoyed our beloved cigars. This is what their  paged looked like: http://docdro.id/atjcZ7l

When you scroll through the 137 document keep in mind their page was suposed to be anti tobacco. They haven’t been protesting at Intertabac in 2016 or 2017.

Let’s see if we can be just as successful.”

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

Cap10_Morgan

Ha!  This looks interesting.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Jackal

Great idea.  I would pitch in, but I am not on social media.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

shakinghorizons

Awesome - I will make sure to use this!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.