Cigar recomendations

Started by M82, 10/04/2017 05:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M82

I am hoping to get a few recomendations to consider for some "high end" cigars a friend has asked me to get for her to give as a gift.  As I still consider myself a noob at this point high end cigars are not my forte.  
Looking for Robusto size and medium to full bodied.
I've been looking online and have been considering the Padron Family Reserve, as well as the Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario by Arturo Fuente.  
I realize I have no idea though, so wanted to gather some Geek expertise...
Thank you in advance for your ideas !

05Venturer

Can't go wrong with Padron 64 or 26
The AF Shark is also a great cigar

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cfickter

the first question most people would ask is budget?  Everyone has a different opinion of high-end.  But that being said here are a few suggestions
Opus X, Lost City can be found on a number of sites, even CI, price point for individual cigar is about $30, they offer a nice Lost City sampler, 5 cigars for $150 in a great presentation box

Davidoff, lots here to choose from.  Two quick lines I would recommend are the Nicaragua (4 pack for under $80) or the 702 Series for about the same.  

Like you mentioned the Don Carlos Edicion de Aniversario by Arturo Fuente is a great choice.  Hard to find singles or 5 packs.  Mostly sold in boxes at close to $300 for 10.  Although like the Opus
X sampler you can get a similar one for the same $150.  Another great Don Carlos is the God of Fire, again about $20/stick.  There is a nice samplers of 5 for about $115

Another Fuente line is the Arturo Fuente Anejo. the No. 888 is a fine cigar and 5 packs are about $60, also most any cigars from this line is worthy, just might take some digging to find stock

I guess you could go on and on, but one more, how about some of the slightly more rare Ligas like the Velvet Rat, L-40.  Much easier to find now a days at about $14 - 16 per stick
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

M82

Thanks for the replies ! I think I was headed in the right direction at least. I'll look into the Ligas as well.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

cigar-guy

La Flor Dominicana Litto Gomez

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.