Other cigar apps

Started by MacMac, 10/07/2017 07:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MacMac

There are so many cigar apps still working well on the iOS platform. Why can't the Geek apps work Too? I confused, because so many made it through the iOS 11 upgrade.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

nirab

there are no other cigar apps... :crazy:  :shades:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

ntanner

What he said. Other cigar apps. :lmao:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

SenorPablo

QuoteMacMac - 10/7/2017  8:09 PM

There are so many cigar apps still working well on the iOS platform. Why can't the Geek apps work Too? I confused, because so many made it through the iOS 11 upgrade.

If that is true, then that really pisses me off.  They told me no others would be allowed to submit new versions.  I had to go through 3 rounds of approvals and 2 calls and they still would not allow it.  Wonder if I pissed someone off at Apple.

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

05Venturer

QuoteSenorPablo - 10/9/2017  3:03 PM

QuoteMacMac - 10/7/2017  8:09 PM

If that is true, then that really pisses me off.  They told me no others would be allowed to submit new versions.  I had to go through 3 rounds of approvals and 2 calls and they still would not allow it.  Wonder if I pissed someone off at Apple.

-Paul

Where to smoke
Cigar Dojo
Cigar Monster
all work

Cigar Geeks
nope
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

nirab

Andriod...yes
Apple...no
Cigar Geeks app...yes
All others...no

Fixed it!  :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

So I posted this on the other thread about cigar app and thought I would also share here

It does seem confusing.  I believe it might have something to do with the update that Paul planned for the app.  if it was more than bug fixes (Paul can comment here).  if I read the tea leaves (or perhaps tobacco leaves) right, existing apps could continue and bug fixes applied but major updates could allow them to invoke their death penalty.  If you look at apps like Cigar Dojo its last update (assuming major update) would be Jan 2017, many of the Cigar Boss apps go back as far as Dec 2015 for their last updates.  The two apps from Famous Cigar Auctioneer and Cigar Monster are from later 2016 or Jan 2017.  Keep in mind that Apple warned developers in Jan 2017 this was coming.  I have read where plenty of vape apps have also been either dropped or not approved.  So it seems many existing apps got grandfathered in, for now

In the end Apple can find a way to kill the apps it deems socially immoral in their eyes.  It can do it by lethal injection (kill the app) or by starvation (making sure new iOS releases are not compatible.
Nobody is not going to buy the next iPhone because of not being able to get an app or two so until that begins to happen Apple will continue to think they are the moral compass of us.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 10/10/2017  10:36 AM

So I posted this on the other thread about cigar app and thought I would also share here

It does seem confusing.  I believe it might have something to do with the update that Paul planned for the app.  if it was more than bug fixes (Paul can comment here).  if I read the tea leaves (or perhaps tobacco leaves) right, existing apps could continue and bug fixes applied but major updates could allow them to invoke their death penalty.  If you look at apps like Cigar Dojo its last update (assuming major update) would be Jan 2017, many of the Cigar Boss apps go back as far as Dec 2015 for their last updates.  The two apps from Famous Cigar Auctioneer and Cigar Monster are from later 2016 or Jan 2017.  Keep in mind that Apple warned developers in Jan 2017 this was coming.  I have read where plenty of vape apps have also been either dropped or not approved.  So it seems many existing apps got grandfathered in, for now

In the end Apple can find a way to kill the apps it deems socially immoral in their eyes.  It can do it by lethal injection (kill the app) or by starvation (making sure new iOS releases are not compatible.
Nobody is not going to buy the next iPhone because of not being able to get an app or two so until that begins to happen Apple will continue to think they are the moral compass of us.

and yet another reason to not support Apple products... :biggrin:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

.[/QUOTE]  and yet another reason to not support Apple products... :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Just because choosing to not support Apple products by using Android means Google is above reproach.  Google is under DOL investigation for allegedly paying its female employees less than their male counterparts.  

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 10/10/2017  6:00 PM

and yet another reason to not support Apple products... :biggrin:[/QUOTE]

Just because choosing to not support Apple products by using Android means Google is above reproach.  Google is under DOL investigation for allegedly paying its female employees less than their male counterparts.  

[/QUOTE]

of course, no one is perfect...yet, I still do not support Apple products...many reasons, but the main one is, other than the iPod, I choose not to buy into the lifestyle they promote...and suicide nets they deem as necessary for their survival... :biggrin:

Apple away brother Chuck!! Nice thing about our country, WE still have choices!! :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Cfickter

Quotenirab - 10/10/2017  5:40 PM  
QuoteCfickter - 10/10/2017  6:00 PM  .

[/QUOTE]  of course, no one is perfect...yet, I still do not support Apple products...many reasons, but the main one is, other than the iPod, I choose not to buy into the lifestyle they promote...and suicide nets they deem as necessary for their survival... :biggrin:   Apple away brother Chuck!! Nice thing about our country, WE still have choices!! :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:[/QUOTE]

Amen brother. Choice is good. And ur right won among us free from sin! 

nirab

QuoteCfickter - 10/10/2017  7:21 PM

Quotenirab - 10/10/2017  5:40 PM  
QuoteCfickter - 10/10/2017  6:00 PM  .

of course, no one is perfect...yet, I still do not support Apple products...many reasons, but the main one is, other than the iPod, I choose not to buy into the lifestyle they promote...and suicide nets they deem as necessary for their survival... :biggrin:   Apple away brother Chuck!! Nice thing about our country, WE still have choices!! :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:[/QUOTE]

Amen brother. Choice is good. And ur right won among us free from sin! 

[/QUOTE]

ya gotta sin to be saved!!  :biggrin:  :angel:  :lmao:

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.