Espresso

Started by AustinMike, 10/16/2017 05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinMike

Coffee is a gift from the gods.  I have a single group la san marco E85 practical in my kitchen.  It's a commercial machine that is a beast.  I paired it with a Malkohnig K30 grinder.  Best thing is that I got the whole setup off craigslist for less than a grand.  Saw the same setup in Prague in a cafe there.  Any other espresso freaks on the board?

Deener27

QuoteAustinMike - 10/16/2017  5:37 PM  Coffee is a gift from the gods.  I have a single group la san marco E85 practical in my kitchen.  It's a commercial machine that is a beast.  I paired it with a Malkohnig K30 grinder.  Best thing is that I got the whole setup off craigslist for less than a grand.  Saw the same setup in Prague in a cafe there.  Any other espresso freaks on the board?

Yeah, but my Krupps burr grinder and a good French Press does the job just fine.  What you have has got to be a sight.  Sounds awesome.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

AustinMike

No arguments there Deener.  I have all types of coffee gadgetry.  I love French press coffee too.  Much better than drip IMHO.  You get all the yummy oils and a bit of the silt too.  Very new to the site, so I'm unsure of how to post a pic.  If I can figure it out, I'll post a pic of my setup.

toby2

we love coffee at my house. i have a Breville espresso machine and a hard lined commercial Bunn with a double warmer for each floor. i've had a KitchenAid Proline grinder for well over ten years and it does very well. i don't blv they made them very long. we order our beans and they roast them just before shipping. the UPS guy claims he loves the day he delivers it.

AustinMike

I'm fortunate enough to have a local roaster.  They're called third coast roasters.  They have a few espresso blends that I dig.  There is another place in Austin called Texas Coffee Traders.  They use air roasters which I feel makes the roast brighter.  Not a huge fan og that profile.  I prefer the big Deidrich roasters.  Good stuff!  I can talk coffee, guns and cigars all day.

AustinMike

You guys got me in the mood for a cup of French press, so I pulled out my press this morning.  I bought a pound of beans yesterday.  Pulled out my press/drip grinder and away we went.  Tasty brew, but it's missing the body that espresso gives a cup.  I usually drink Americano's, but they're pretty stiff drinks.  I use a triple basket and brew into a regular sized coffee cup.  I then cut that with hot water.

hershell17

I just got a double glass coffee press as a souvenir from Tokyo. I haven't tried using it since I'm not in a mood for coffee yet.
Procrastinating my installation of a new truck bumper. Too hot to stay in the garage.

sambadave

We've been drinking exclusively brazilian coffee.  See Amazon for Tres Coracoes, Pilao,  Cafe do Ponto and others.

AustinMike

Brazilian is great in espresso blends.  Not my cup of tea as a single origin coffee.  I tend to favor African coffee.

c9belayer

Thanks so much for this thread. When bored (in meetings) at work I open a Visio file and plan my Dream Shop. You know, once money is no object. I just added a "Coffee Station."
I'm thinking it should go near the wood-burning stove, as you'll want to fire both of these up each morning. Or maybe it should be near one of the finger-eating machines, so I'm sure to be awake when using those. In a perfect shop, where should the Coffee Station go? Oh, and can anyone recommend a coffee-mug warmer thing that actually works?
-- c9belayer

AustinMike

Finger eating machines?  Since money is no object buy this https://clivecoffee.com/product/slayer-1-group-espresso-machine/?gclid=CjwKCAiAm7LSBRBBEiwAvL1-L-1Xq7mEJm4K7ZaATyTmTNT4M2ZAFG3hsOHj4tunyXlObKJwj_tV_BoCMvcQAvD_BwE and put your cups on top.  You'll have some serious espresso machinery and an awesome cup warmer

hershell17

Quotesambadave - 1/3/2018  12:50 PM

We've been drinking exclusively brazilian coffee.  See Amazon for Tres Coracoes, Pilao,  Cafe do Ponto and others.

I might give this a try.
Procrastinating my installation of a new truck bumper. Too hot to stay in the garage.

Deener27

QuoteAustinMike - 1/3/2018  2:57 PM

Finger eating machines?  Since money is no object buy this https://clivecoffee.com/product/slayer-1-group-espresso-machine/?gclid=CjwKCAiAm7LSBRBBEiwAvL1-L-1Xq7mEJm4K7ZaATyTmTNT4M2ZAFG3hsOHj4tunyXlObKJwj_tV_BoCMvcQAvD_BwE and put your cups on top.  You'll have some serious espresso machinery and an awesome cup warmer

Machines are being built to order.  Estimated turn around is 6-8 weeks.  Just find me a clover brewing station and move on with our day.    :biggrin:

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

AustinMike

Clover makes a great cup, but it's still drip.  I'm an espresso fanatic.  I have a naked portafilter on my machine.  I have triple baskets in my portafilter.  Two of those in the morning and I am wired for sound.

SambaDave, you the same SD from the other board that we're both on?

lyonbert

Anyone here tries drip coffee?
Looking for specific 17-inch truck wheels that I could use for off-road driving. Any suggestions?

Cfickter

Has anyone tried Mistobox?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ntanner

Quotelyonbert - 2/17/2019  11:12 PM

Anyone here tries drip coffee?
:lmao:
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Cigary

Coffee....nectar from the Gods!!  I have so many vices and along with cigars is coffee....since I travel around the world it's fun to find new tastes/beans/etc.  Fresh filtered water...good beans....French Press and a great cigar in the morning is something I always look forward to.  We can spend a ton on beans and appliances but I prefer to use a good FP....$20....good beans that average $20 for a 2 pound bag ....burr grinder for $20 and a great frother for $30.  This tastes as good as any coffee house and I've tried them all and once you get these appliances you are set for life...well, with the exception for buying more beans.

nitelite18

I was able to try drip coffee. Not what I really preferred when it comes to coffee but still good though.
Going to borla exhaust this year since I've heard great things about this.

arrow34

Another espresso/coffee geek here.  I roast my own beans and used to do the whole grind and semi-auto.  I got lazy.  I still roast but switched to a full auto to make it easier on my wife and I mentioned i got lazy right.  80-90% of the quality with a Delonghi 9 year old perfecta, still going strong after 5k cups of espresso.

DRuff

I have a Saeco Gran Barista Fully Automatic machine. Got it in April and this thing gets a workout. At least 12 shots a day for lattes and such. I buy my beans from www.coffeebeansdirect.com  

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.