World Series

Started by AustinMike, 10/24/2017 09:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinMike

I'm a long suffering Astros fan.  My dad used to take us to the Astrodome to watch games most summers.  I grew up in Corpus Christi, Tx.  I hate the Reds to this day, because of ol' Pete.  Rooting for my Astros to finally bring home a ring.  Who you rooting for?

Cfickter

Too bad we cannot insert a poll in the middle of a thread

But I can honestly say that neither team would upset me if they won.  Overall I wouldn't mind see the Astros.  Couple of LSU boy on there 

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

appollo

Going for Astros.Like to see them win it since they never have.

Silverstix

I'd like to see Curtis Granderson win his first WS, so I guess I'm pulling for the Dodgers but I don't have a ton of interest either way.  Just glad the Yankees got knocked out and I don't have to hear my obnoxious friends until April!!

ninfiction

I'm with the other guys, no real rooting interest. These were the teams I picked at the All Star break to make it to the end and am happy to see either win it. I hope it's a close and entertaining series.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

AustinMike

I'm thinking it'll be a good one.  I expect the Dodgers will win tonight.  The Astros will have to win one on the road and neither team has lost a home game.

BewareDaPenguin

Baseball is still going...? :) just kidding I stop watching after the Twins lose, but it should be good. If I don't have a dog in the fight I always pull for the team that's on the longer drought :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

headfirst

GO DODGERS!!!!

Can't understand these geniuses on tv saying they're the underdogs ("Houston we have a problem") but that's fine, nobody outside of LA ever wants LA to win.  I don't care how tired the cubs were, never easy to knock off a reigning champ and these dodgers did it in 5.  it's time for kershaw to win that ring!

A 5er says the boys in blue get it done!

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

klamm143

HOUSTON..................
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

headfirst

There are aces and then there are aces, GO DODGERS!!!!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

AustinMike

Got beat by the red headed teen wolf.

ninfiction

Hell of a pitching performance...really on both sides. Great game...and quick.

AustinMike

Both were dealing.  One bad pitch and boom.  Game 2 coming up and we'll see how Verlander holds up.

Cap10_Morgan

That definitely was a great game.  AND quick!  Barely had time for a cigar, lol.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

appollo

Great pitching.and the game didn't last forever.Fun to watch

AustinMike

Wow!  Crazy finish to last night's game.  Astros had to steal one on the road.  The Astros bats have come alive.  I'm glad I didn't drink Jobu's rum!  GO ASTROS!!

headfirst

And stole one they did, great comeback.  We'll see if the boys in blue can steal one back in Houston, looks to be a great series ahead.
-Charles Spurgeon

appollo

Another great game.GO ASTROS :-)

ninfiction

Game 3 and Stranger Things on Netflix, going to be a late night....

Great first 2 games, I hope it keeps up.

AustinMike

Another good game in the books.  Darvish showed up last night.  Not the Dodger version.  The Texas Rangers version.  Game 3 coming right up.

AustinMike

Let's go ASTROS!!

headfirst

-Charles Spurgeon

AustinMike

nirab

I'm a HUGE Angels fan, yet I do love me some Astros too...so GO STROS! I could have went with the other story of being an Angels fan since 1970, and having a HUGE disdain for all things dodgers, but I will take the high road on this one... :biggrin:  :angel:  :lmao:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

headfirst

I understand haters gotta hate Brian, makes it all the sweeter   ;-)
-Charles Spurgeon

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.