Call for Nominations - CFT 2017

Started by nwb, 10/31/2017 12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nwb

Similar to years past, I'm calling for nominations for recipients of cigars from our annual Cigars for Troops drive.  If you know of anyone serving overseas, please send me a PM and we can work out the contact information/details.

Thanks!
Chief of Shaft

amigodecigars

Great job Nathan.  My son is stationed in San Francisco and I can send him all of the cigars he needs from a proud father.  I don't have the contact info for any other service person but the USCG is also busy overseas.  I will see if I can get a name and send you a PM.  The crew of the Coast Guard Active (WMEC-618) offloaded approximately 6,570 pounds of cocaine in San Diego, Wednesday.

The seized drugs were the result of multiple interdictions conducted by multiple Coast Guard crews in the Eastern Pacific Ocean from mid-September through early October.  Combating transnational organized crime networks, from which the illegal drug trade stems, is of paramount importance to the national security of the U.S., and is a mission in which the Coast Guard and partner agencies are heavily engaged.

This offload represented seizures conducted by the following crews:

• Coast Guard Cutter James (WSML-754), homeported in Charleston, South Carolina[/li]
  • Coast Guard Cutter Active (WMEC-618), homeported in Port Angeles, Washington[/li]
  • Coast Guard Cutter Alert (WMEC-630), homeported in Astoria, Oregon[/li][/list]
    • The USCG is also operating in the Persian Gulf and Bahrain.[/li]

• [/li][/list]
Sitting in the harbor of San Juan, Puerto Rico right now is the USCGC James (WMSL-754), one of the U.S. Coast Guard’s newest, largest, and most capable cutters. The ship is at anchor, operating as a command and control center for federal response teams dealing with the aftermath of Hurricane Maria, which devastated the island on 20 September.                                                                                  
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

gitfiddl

All the folks I know are stateside these days, thankfully.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.