Heading to Philly

Started by Beegerply, 11/01/2017 07:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beegerply

Taking a fast trip to Philly to watch the Eagles and the Broncos this Sunday. Any Geeks near by? I have Saturday open to smoke a cigar.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Cfickter

There is at least one, reach out to Kman, also some great places to smoke
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Beegerply

QuoteCfickter - 11/1/2017  11:31 AM

There is at least one, reach out to Kman, also some great places to smoke

Thanks I will :biggrin:
Byron

amigodecigars

Where are you guys thinking of meeting up?  I have a cigar buddy who lives near Philly Int.l airport?
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Silverstix

Hope you factored in some time for Reading Terminal Market.  If you like to eat, you gotta spend an hour there

Beegerply

QuoteSilverstix - 11/1/2017  3:57 PM

Hope you factored in some time for Reading Terminal Market.  If you like to eat, you gotta spend an hour there

Really have not made a lot of plans I will be out there with my son and daughter and a cousin. We will be just flying by the seat of are pants, lol  :biggrin:  But thanks for the suggestion.
Byron

klamm143

Well...............ENJOY.    Eat alittle - Drink alittle - and smoke a lot.     GO EAGLES!!!!!
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Kman

Where are you staying? If you're downtown, there is a Holt's at 16th and Walnut. They have an awesome Ashton Cigar Bar upstairs. You can buy cigars in the store and take them up to the cigar bar and smoke them there. FYI, Holt's has an every day special "Buy 4, get 1 free".

If you're going to be outside of the city, let me know where and I can advise of other places as well. 

Depending on the time, I may be able to meet up. What time were you thinking? 

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Beegerply

Quoteamigodecigars - 11/1/2017  1:08 PM

Where are you guys thinking of meeting up?  I have a cigar buddy who lives near Philly Int.l airport?

Not sure of the location as of yet  :confused: was just seeing who might be in the area I will be somewhere by the stadium I think.  :biggrin:
Byron

Beegerply

QuoteKman - 11/1/2017  11:17 PM

Where are you staying? If you're downtown, there is a Holt's at 16th and Walnut. They have an awesome Ashton Cigar Bar upstairs. You can buy cigars in the store and take them up to the cigar bar and smoke them there. FYI, Holt's has an every day special "Buy 4, get 1 free".

If you're going to be outside of the city, let me know where and I can advise of other places as well. 

I will be staying somewhere by the stadium, the last time I checked I want to say it was just across the river in Jersey  :confused: I'll get back with you, I have to check with my to get the address lol. :biggrin:
Byron

Beegerply

QuoteBeegerply - 11/2/2017  10:06 AM

QuoteKman - 11/1/2017  11:17 PM

I will be staying somewhere by the stadium, the last time I checked I want to say it was just across the river in Jersey  :confused: I'll get back with you, I have to check with my to get the address lol. :biggrin:

Best Western West Deptford Inn 98 Friars Blvd Thorofare, NJ
Byron

Kman

From where you are, I would suggest going to Holt's downtown. You can do other site seeing in the city and it's very close to Rittenhouse Square that has some good shops and restaurants. The Reading Terminal Market also has some great places to eat but that is over closer to Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and the Constitution Center. Definitely worth a stop if you're over there. 

Just so you're aware, NJ has a 30% cigar tax while PA is, for the moment, still no tax on cigars. So crossing the bridge for your cigars also makes monetary sense. 

As for meeting up, center city is about a 45 minute drive for me, so unfortunately I couldn't really "play it be ear". If you know when you plan to be there, I can try and make it happen, but otherwise, enjoy the city!! 

Go Eagles!!!

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Beegerply

QuoteKman - 11/2/2017  5:14 PM

From where you are, I would suggest going to Holt's downtown. You can do other site seeing in the city and it's very close to Rittenhouse Square that has some good shops and restaurants. The Reading Terminal Market also has some great places to eat but that is over closer to Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell and the Constitution Center. Definitely worth a stop if you're over there. 

Just so you're aware, NJ has a 30% cigar tax while PA is, for the moment, still no tax on cigars. So crossing the bridge for your cigars also makes monetary sense. 

As for meeting up, center city is about a 45 minute drive for me, so unfortunately I couldn't really "play it be ear". If you know when you plan to be there, I can try and make it happen, but otherwise, enjoy the city!! 

Go Eagles!!!

Thanks so much for the info, is Holts in PA? I wish I could give you a better time frame but I can't   :-(  By the why GO BRONCOS.  :biggrin:
Byron

Kman

QuoteBeegerply - 11/2/2017  6:54 PM  
QuoteKman - 11/2/2017  5:14 PM  

Go Eagles!!!

Thanks so much for the info, is Holts in PA? I wish I could give you a better time frame but I can't   :-(  By the why GO BRONCOS.  :biggrin:

Yes, Holt's has 2 locations in Philadelphia, one in center city and the other is out closer to me. The address for the one downtown is 

1522 Walnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19102

Kman

Fly Eagles Fly!!! Hope you had a good time in Philly in spite of the Broncos performance.

Beegerply

Had an outstanding time in Philly. Went to Holt's and the Ashton cigar bar, seen Rocky Balboa, and the bell. Had a Cheesesteak at Sonny's and finished the night at the Red Owl Tavern. The fans at the stadium were great had a fun time, a lot of them booed use and told us to go home got a lot of ribbing. We even had a small party after the game with some of fans.  :biggrin:
Byron

headfirst

:bigthumbs:

Thanks to this thread I was able to recommend this Holts joint to my boss, there on business this week.  Already got a pic texted from there, I'm a herf hero tonight, thanks guys.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.