Hygrometers

Started by ricoishere, 11/03/2017 05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ricoishere

I have the typical digital hygrometer by hygroset. What other ones have some of you used with positive results.  The one I have has that puny  :angry: ass knob maybe for puny fingers I can't adjust. I feel like smashing that thing every time I look at it....
It's a conspiracy I swear, to make such a device.... :angry:
I got way too many cigars, too much booze, not many friends. Life is GRAND.
-Rico

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." -George Burns

My humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=ricoishere

jagfandaddy

Xicar, lifetime guarantee
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

05Venturer

I have had very good luck with Zederkoff
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

wescat

The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

ninfiction

Apparently I have tiny hands because I use the Hygroset with great success and have about 6 of them. I haven't used any others.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

toby2

the original Xikar were pretty good. now they are not adjustable.

ricoishere

Quotetoby2 - 11/3/2017  6:03 PM

the original Xikar were pretty good. now they are not adjustable.

I was reading that. Doesn't really bother me provided they last.
-Rico

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle." -George Burns

My humidor
http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=ricoishere

toby2

Quotericoishere - 11/3/2017  7:42 PM  
Quotetoby2 - 11/3/2017  6:03 PM  the original Xikar were pretty good. now they are not adjustable.

the one i bought was off by 2-3 points when placed next the other dozen or so i have of various brand that include the old style Xikar. i bought the Boveda test kit and got the same results. about 2-3 off the Boveda test kit as well.  the accuracy thing is frustrating to me so i gave up long ago on it. if the cigars smoke well then i just stay at whatever number they all say. about 63-65 these days.

ricoishere

Quotetoby2 - 11/4/2017  6:43 PM

Quotericoishere - 11/3/2017  7:42 PM  
Quotetoby2 - 11/3/2017  6:03 PM  the original Xikar were pretty good. now they are not adjustable.

the one i bought was off by 2-3 points when placed next the other dozen or so i have of various brand that include the old style Xikar. i bought the Boveda test kit and got the same results. about 2-3 off the Boveda test kit as well.  the accuracy thing is frustrating to me so i gave up long ago on it. if the cigars smoke well then i just stay at whatever number they all say. about 63-65 these days.

I agree, as long as they stay fresh, burn well im good.  Just frustrating.
-Rico

My humidor

tvolball

I just bought a Oasis gold digital from Thompson. Seems to be pretty good and had good reviews.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.