Monthly subscription boxes

Started by Vanilla Gorilla, 11/21/2017 08:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla Gorilla

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to see if anyone has experience with any monthly cigar boxes that are put out. I've got my eyes on a couple of them and am trying to narrow down which one I wouldn't mind getting each month. They look pretty neat, and the bespoke post also offers cigar tools with some of their packages. Anyone got experience with them or similar services? I'd love to hear about it.  

Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

toby2

i tried them out when i got into cigars. i got a bunch of cigars i would never smoke but i did get to try some cigars i had never smoked. i think i ended up giving most of them away. i'm trying to remember which vendors. there were two and i can't remember. i bet some of the new boutique sellers have much better bundles.

nirab

The only two that I feel are worth investing in are the Ezra Zion coffee/cigar of the month deal, and Cigar Federation...but, after the one cent record deals quit being a thing, I'm not much for any club of the month stuff!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

AustinMike

I own entirely too many cigars for these types of clubs.  I know what I like and what I'll smoke.  Money wasted if I get a box of stuff I'll never reach for.  I'd say it's good for newbies though.

Cap10_Morgan

They were great when I was a newbie and hadn't joined this site.  I didn't know what to look for, so getting random cigars was nice.  I tried 2, but liked Mikes Cigars for the extra stuff that came with it.  (Ashtrays, lighters, etc).  But they wouldn't really be worth it to me now.  Now I have a bunch of enablers helping me decide what to buy and where to get good deals, etc.  Works much better!
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

ninfiction

I get Small Batch Cigars Cigar of the Month Club. It's $50 and I've been in it since June I think, whenever they started it. You get 3+ cigars that are worth far over $50. The only issue is they limit it to 100 people and it's first come first serve when a spot opens up. I think they ship to Canada but you'd have to check.

You can sign up for an email notification when there is an opening. I think they actually have 2 groups of 100, each group gets different cigars.

This month it was a Davidoff Royal Robusto, Warped Black Honey and a Pappy Van Winkle Tradition Toro, which all retail for about $65. A couple of the months there have been 6-8 cigars.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.