Received a gift from my employer

Started by AustinMike, 12/13/2017 02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AustinMike

Just arrived an Echo device from Amazon.  Not bad at all, but I have an Echo Dot already.  I'm returning it to Amazon and will probably buy crossbow accessories with the money.  It was nice to receive anything at all, considering bonuses don't go out till end of first quarter.

nirab

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Silverstix

Nice to receive anything at all is exactly the right way to look at it  :bigthumbs:  That's how I always viewed the Christmas bonus - it's free money, anything I get is great.  There were rumblings this year that we wouldn't get a bonus but I got mine today, very nice of my employer.

Beegerply

I the only bonus I would get is a pink slip we had to cut 1 million from are budget.      :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

AustinMike

QuoteSilverstix - 12/13/2017  3:06 PM

Nice to receive anything at all is exactly the right way to look at it  :bigthumbs:  That's how I always viewed the Christmas bonus - it's free money, anything I get is great.  There were rumblings this year that we wouldn't get a bonus but I got mine today, very nice of my employer.

Exactly Silver.  There are guys I work with who bank on our annual bonus, but I try not to.  I can usually make my bonus stretch at least 6 months before the money is all gone.  I use some of it to get away with the kids over the summer.  The rest usually goes to bills.

appollo

QuoteSilverstix - 12/13/2017  5:06 PM

Exactly the way I look at it brother.I expect nothing. :-)

klamm143

Quoteappollo - 12/13/2017  6:45 PM  
QuoteSilverstix - 12/13/2017  5:06 PM  Nice to receive anything at all is exactly the right way to look at it  :bigthumbs:  That's how I always viewed the Christmas bonus - it's free money, anything I get is great.  There were rumblings this year that we wouldn't get a bonus but I got mine today, very nice of my employer.
Exactly the way I look at it brother.I expect nothing. :-)

EXACTLY............I expect nothing - 'cause that's normally what I get..........LMAO.

Not really, however, every day above ground is a good day. As a cancer patient / survivor - EVERY DAY is a BONUS. Enjoy your bonuses if you get them, if not - enjoy each and every day.

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

hershell17

Procrastinating my installation of a new truck bumper. Too hot to stay in the garage.

BewareDaPenguin

Nice to see that some bonuses still exist :smoker:
"A champion is someone who gets up when he can't." - Jack Dempsey

"Things do not happen. Things are made to happen." - JFK

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.