April Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 01/07/2018 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by DonM (Don)

The selected Cigar for the April 2018 Member Sponsored Geek Critique will be the Todos Las Dias Robusto from Dunbarton Cigars, Steve Saka.

The Cigar: Todos Las Dias Robusto (5.0 x 52)

The Specs:

Nicaraguan Puro

The Hype:

"Todos Las Dias is my personal Spanglish translation meaning “All the Days.” The workers at Joya de Nicaraguan often cringe at my casual butchering of their mother tongue, but in my opinion cigars are far more than a grammar lesson to abide, they are the physical manifestation of a feeling and of an experience. TLD embodies the classic bold flavors that represent the heart of their soil’s peppery tobaccos and the labor of their always working hands. For me, this spicy Nicaraguan puro reflects no pretentious airs or any of that “notes of pencil lead with a hint of fennel” nonsense. It is an honest, hardworking cigar intended to be smoked by men who know what it means to be a cigar smoker and never give a damn about what others think."

- Steve Saka, creator of Dunbarton Tobacco & Trust -

Todos Las Dias is the strongest cigar to date from Dunbarton, using a high-priming, Nicaraguan puro blend that showcases Jalapa and Estelíano tobaccos in the filler, a Nicaraguan binder, and a Cuban-seed, Nicaraguan wrapper. This blend has been specially chosen to highlight the fiery, bold qualities of Nicaragua’s intense, volcanic soil. And Steve has specifically blended TLD to begin on the mellow side—slowly ramping up to the Nicaraguan powerhouse experience that diehard, experienced smokers crave! This is the complete reversal from the usual blending style of starting with a bang before mellowing in the later portions of the smoke.

Due Date: March 25th., 2018

The Reviewers:

The remaining member will be selected by a random numbers generator. Anyone interested in reviewing this cigar must be at least a Veteran, in good standing and willing to review a full bodied cigar. If your wheelhouse is Macanudo, this is not the review for you. If interested and qualified, you must submit your interest by January 30, 2018 so that I can get the cigars to the reviewers and allow them to rest prior to the review.

1. cfickter (Chuck)
2. burlesq (Bruce)
3. 05Venturer (Kent)
4. nirab (Brian)
5. The Burn Ward (Jared)

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Don for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :smoker2:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Deener27

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

ninfiction

I challenge Dave and Brian to the death in the generator!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

klamm143

Sure - I'll jump in the ring with the Generator Gladiators.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Silverstix

You can count me in for the Generator of Death as well!  Heard that is one fine gar

Deener27

We are officially changing the name of this cigar to: Todos Las Máquinas de la Muerte

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

DonM

QuoteDeener27 - 1/8/2018  11:52 AM

We are officially changing the name of this cigar to: Todos Las Máquinas de la Muerte

You got a translation in Gringo for that?

:lmao:

"The Curmudgeon"

Deener27

QuoteDonM - 1/8/2018  2:05 PM

All the killing machines.

:biggrin:

Deener27

QuoteDonM - 1/8/2018  2:05 PM

You know there is Google Translate to help you out too???

DonM

On a serious note, if you are interested in reviewing the Todos Las Dias Robusto and want a chance at the last position, you need to throw your name in the hat....there will be hitchhikers as well

"The Curmudgeon"

DonM

"The Curmudgeon"

MacMac

Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

junglepete

Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

johncw

DonM

Out of respect for Kent's GC for March, the lotto for the final slot will be held on 30 January as published before. Kent will have his reviewers locked in within the next week or so.  In all fairness to everyone on the site,  if you are locked in for the March review, then you will not be eligible for the April review, my condolences!  If you are interested in either of them, throw your name in, chances are good you get one or the other.  Good luck to all of you, I have already smoked one of the Todos Las Dias and will tell you they are............

So.....you may want to throw your name in the mix if you want a shot at this one

:shades:

"The Curmudgeon"

DonM

The reviewers for the March GC have been selected. If you have not been selected for that one, you still have a week then I will run the numbers for the last slot on 30 January.  Good luck!

"The Curmudgeon"

The Burn Ward

DonM

2 days left before the lottery, this is what we have so far:

Deener27           eliminated, doing the March review
Bstessl      eliminated, doing the March review
Ninfiction
Klamm143
Silverstix
MacMac
Johncw
The Burn Ward

"The Curmudgeon"

DonM

The numbers generator has been run and the 5th slot goes to The Burn Ward.  Thanks everyone for volunteering and the cigars will go out sometime this week, enjoy!

"The Curmudgeon"

The Burn Ward

:usa:  :meansmoke:   Very interested in reviewing this one. Thanks Don!

Silverstix

Nice, enjoy! Looking forward to seeing the reviews for this one

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

DonM

These will be leaving the Nature Coast tomorrow, be on the lookout

:rocker:

"The Curmudgeon"

DonM

These are sent, tracking below

Jared 9505 5109 8036 8032 2231 82
Brian 9505 5109 8036 8032 2231 99
Kent  9505 5109 8036 8032 2232 05
Bruce 9505 5109 8036 8032 2232 12
Chuck 9505 5109 8036 8032 2232 29

Enjoy!

"The Curmudgeon"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.