Saving Cigar Bands

Started by CascadeSmoker, 01/07/2018 09:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CascadeSmoker

I've been saving cigar bands for the last 14 years....every band for every cigar. I was curious if anyone else saves bands and what you have done with them. I have several wall posters I've made and I keep a tasting notebook. (Geek)
CascadeSmoker

A cigar ought not to be smoked solely with the mouth, but with the hand, the eyes, and with the spirit.- Zino Davidoff

Cfickter

I save them also but a friend of mines husband does some amazing artwork and furniture using them so they all end up there https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100011244937354
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Beegerply

:-0 some nice stuff there.  :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Deener27

I save bands so that I can fill a wall with posters made from them.  Might have to give one to the Herfcast...

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

amigodecigars

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Jackal

Rebecca made this for me for Christmas.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

DonM

QuoteJackal - 1/8/2018  5:49 PM

:bigthumbs:

"The Curmudgeon"

Deener27

QuoteJackal - 1/8/2018  1:49 PM

That is totally the type of thing I had in mind for my office.

Very cool!

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

DonM

Oh its game time I have a bunch of bands saved and got a plan!

"The Curmudgeon"

CascadeSmoker

Some really cool stuff going on here
CascadeSmoker

A cigar ought not to be smoked solely with the mouth, but with the hand, the eyes, and with the spirit.- Zino Davidoff

Jackal

QuoteDonM - 1/8/2018  4:40 PM

Needs like 16 coats of PVA to seal and level the surface.

Deener27

QuoteJackal - 1/8/2018  5:30 PM

QuoteDonM - 1/8/2018  4:40 PM

Needs like 16 coats of PVA to seal and level the surface.

I'm going to put them on thick matte backer and framing it tightly in a frame.  But I do like the idea of PVA.

wescat

QuoteJackal - 1/8/2018  4:49 PM

Very nice. I love gifts like that.

Tell Rebecca I like the way she rolls.....
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

gitfiddl

I took a couple hundred and covered the light-bridge/cable rack over my desk in my den studio.  I used that Hodge-podge glue stuff/  One of these days I'm going to finish a guitar with cigar bands.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

CascadeSmoker

I really like the picture Rebecca made, That is awesome and is a great gift.
CascadeSmoker

CascadeSmoker

Thank You for all the replies!
CascadeSmoker

Vanilla Gorilla

I keep a cigar log too which I use the bands to log cigars. I like the idea of the posters and home decor too though! 

Edit: Not sure why the picture isn't showing up, but the link is there to download it...

Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

Jackal

QuoteVanilla Gorilla - 1/9/2018  9:03 AM

I keep a cigar log too which I use the bands to log cigars. I like the idea of the posters and home decor too though! 

Edit: Not sure why the picture isn't showing up, but the link is there to download it...

Change the extension from jpeg to jpg.  That will probably fix it.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.