Newbie Member 1st post

Started by ChipCurser, 01/13/2008 01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChipCurser

Hello
My name is Tom, but I go by Chip online.  I live in upstate New York. I restarted smoking cigars about 7 months ago.  I smoked really cheap ones many years ago when in high school and then college.  I quit all smoking for 20 years, but when in Rome this summer, I started smoking cigars again.  They were the only smoke I missed.
I enjoy trying cigars and I seem to go in streaks about mild, medium, and full.  I seem to enjoy them all with maybe a little edge to the fuller cigars.

I like smoking inside and outside and like different cigars for each.  For drinks I usually drink either water, coffee, or Bourbon with probably Bourbon being my favorite. LOL.

I have one coolerdor and one small humidor.  The humidor was one I got from CigarBid.com with sample Legends cigars of which I think I like the Graycliff one best.  The cooler has 4 cedar cigar boxes where I store the cigars and it seems to stay perfect with 3 jars of the gel solutions to maintain a constant 70.

Well I can be long winded at time and hope not to bore everyone.  I have written two reviews in the cigar database.  One was an addition for the Legends Graycliff and one was for a new listing of a RyJ reserve maduro Lonsdale.  One review is short one is a little longer.  Let me know which way you all like and I will try to make my reviews accommodating.

Thanks and have a great smoking day.

ChipC

PS the handle ChipCurser is just my sense of humor with computer geek talk, I hope you all don't mind, and yes I know Cursor is the correct way to spell the computer cursor.

NewGuy

Chip

Welcome aboard! I think you will enjoy our site.

Rack
Rack

"Man is not an island"

ljlemer

QuoteChipCurser - 1/13/2008  2:11 PM

Hello
I restarted smoking cigars about 7 months ago.  I quit all smoking for 20 years, but I started smoking cigars again.  They were the only smoke I missed.

Chip, you just told my story! I quit all tobacco 23 years ago but missed cigars. Last year I tried a cigar and now I'm back smoking cigars and pipes again. Screw cigarettes!

My own favorite cheap cigar, which they no longer sell, was the green Bering Candela.

I also bought a lot at Cigarbid. I'm 56 and am originally from downstate NY. I live in sunny South Florida now. Glad you joined.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

Sticks

Hey there ChipCurser, welcome and in this qroup being long winded is almost a requirement. We do like our banter here and as one who came back to the leaf of the tobacco plant also at a later age, I do understand why you did so. It really is one enjoyable simple pleasure that only one who enjoys a well made cigar will understand.  We all look forward to your contributions.

ljlemer

QuoteSticks - 1/13/2008  9:14 PM

As one who came back to the leaf of the tobacco plant also at a later age, I do understand why you did so. It really is one enjoyable simple pleasure that only one who enjoys a well made cigar will understand.

It's so odd. Years, many years, after I quit smoking, which I did to rid myself of the suffocating cigarette habit that was ruining my breathing, I couldn't stand cigarette smoke, but always enjoy a whiff of a fine cigar. By then, I hung out with non-smokers, and they were astonished to see me purr like a cat when clouds of heavy cigar smoke drifted in. You REALLY have to smoke a few to understand. One isn't enough. There are so many sensual oral and olfactory thrills that can't be imitated by anything else.
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil".

Thomas Mann

BrewMeister

Hello Tom (AKA ChipC),

Welcome!

TTFN
Tim

SenorPablo

Welcome to the site Chip!  Hope you enjoy your time here.  We don't have any real requirements for reviews except that I put a minimum 150 characters.  Other than that write as little or as much as you want to get your opinion across.  Welcome again from one computer guy to another. :biggrin:

-Paul
Twenty years ago we had Steve Jobs, Johnny Cash and Bob Hope.  Now we have no jobs, no cash and no hope. Please don't let Kevin Bacon die!

mhuss

Welcome to the site, Chip!  It's great to have you.  I started off the same way in regards to cigars.  I smoked really cheap ones in high school and started to expand from there.  I slowly upgraded through the years, bought a good humidor and found at least two really good retailers to supply me with top-notch sticks.  There's a lot of good info here and a lot of good people to get advice and help from.  Let us know if you need anything.  And again, welcome aboard!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.