March Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 01/16/2018 03:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by 05Venturer (Kent)

The Cigar: Montecristo Pilotico Pepe Mendez Toro (6.2 x 52)

The Specs:

Country of Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Ecuadorian Sumatra
Binder: Dominican
Filler: Nicaraguan, Dominican

The Hype:

Montecristo. Groupo de Maestros. Though it may sound like an off-beat Spanish boy band, the Groupo de Maestros is the name of the blending geniuses behind many of Montecristo's best blends. Combining for hundreds of years of tobacco experience, the Groupo de Maestros are more than capable of delivering a mind-alteringly good blend, and the Cuban-esque Pilotico really drives that point home.

Handmade in Nicaragua, the Montecristo Pilotico Pepe Mendez honors a man who changed the world of tobacco twice-over. You may have not heard his name, but Pepe Mendez is responsible for getting better consistency and cleaner flavors out of tobacco for years. An Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper brings around leather, caramel, and walnut. While it does come with a high-price tag, Pilotico Pepe Mendez is one of the best releases this year, and I highly recommend you grab some for a special occasion.

Due Date: February 25th., 2017

The Reviewers:

Active members only please. Reviewers cannot have done a geek critique in January or February 2018 or be scheduled for one in April 2018.
Three Veterans and two Newbs will be chosen via a random number generator.

Shipping Restrictions: To be determined

1. shakinghorizons  (Colin)
2. bstessl (Brian)
3. Deener27 (David)
4. freakydeakydutchman (Steve)
5. McBryde (Emerson)

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Kent for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin' :meansmoke:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

shakinghorizons

05Venturer

I will give everyone about a week to put their name in this thread to be considered.
Then will do 2 random number generators, 1 for Vets or better and one for those below veteran status.
( FYI, the OP should read 3 vets and 2 newbs, not 3 of each)
Let me know in this thread if you are interested.  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

bstessl

If I'm not selected for April, I'd like to get in on this, not sure when that ends though
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

appollo

Deener27

Quotebstessl - 1/16/2018  11:32 PM

If I'm not selected for April, I'd like to get in on this, not sure when that ends though

I was thinking the same thing.  I'm with Brian...would love to have an opportunity for an early year critique.  I'd be in if not selected for April.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

DonM

For those on the fence about the March/April GC lotto's, If you make it into Kent's March review, in all fairness you will not be eligible for the April review.  Hey, it is a lotto so chances are good for one or the other and good luck to all of you

:bigthumbs:

"The Curmudgeon"

Deener27

QuoteDonM - 1/17/2018  2:07 PM

For those on the fence about the March/April GC lotto's, If you make it into Kent's March review, in all fairness you will not be eligible for the April review.  Hey, it is a lotto so chances are good for one or the other and good luck to all of you

:bigthumbs:

With my luck, I would get skunked on both  :lmao:

I just enjoy cigars and being incredibly critical of everything.  So this just melds those into a neat little package.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

DonM

If you don't play the lotto you can't win...........just saying!

"The Curmudgeon"

freakydeakydutchman

My Birthday is in March so if you will have me.. I will toss my hat in this ring
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

klamm143

Add me to the "play lucky cigar lotto" list please.........
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

05Venturer

Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

05Venturer

I'm gonna keep this open thru Monday, then run the number generator to pick the lotto winners and try to get the cigars shipped by end of next week.
Kent

05Venturer

Kent

05Venturer

Kent

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

McBryde

I'd love to do this one if you'll have me in the pool Kent.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

05Venturer

Ran a number sequencer tonight and here are the winners

shakinghorizons
bstessl
Deener27
freakydeakydutchman
McBryde

I will get the cigars out later this week or early next at the latest. Thanks for the interest :thumbsup:
Kent

Deener27

Thanks for the opportunity to do a review for Kent!

shakinghorizons

McBryde

"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

freakydeakydutchman

"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

05Venturer

Packages are heading out today via usps.
Kent

Deener27

Inbound package received.

Thanks for the opportunity to review this one and for the hitchers.  Much appreciated!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.