Gimmick Cigars with surprisingly good reviews

Started by Vanilla Gorilla, 01/16/2018 04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla Gorilla

Have you ever picked up a cigar purely for the gimmick? Odd shape, featuring a unique taste profile, gimmicky band?

I did that with a recent purchase from a fellow member. I picked up the Sons of Anarchy Torpedo by Black Crown purely for the fact that I loved the show and having a cigar that had the label on it sounded like a good time to me....even if it just sat in my humidor. Normally if I wanted a cigar associated with the show I'd grab one of the 100000000 Camacho cigars that Clay Marrow (Ron Perlman) was always smoking.

Turns out these Cigars from Black Crown actually have a pretty decent rating and are getting great reviews. I guess I lucked out this time! I'll happily smoke at least one of them, and maybe keep the other one around for laughs like I had originally intended too. 
Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

05Venturer

QuoteVanilla Gorilla - 1/16/2018  4:43 PM

Have you ever picked up a cigar purely for the gimmick? Odd shape, featuring a unique taste profile, gimmicky band?

I did that with a recent purchase from a fellow member. I picked up the Sons of Anarchy Torpedo by Black Crown purely for the fact that I loved the show and having a cigar that had the label on it sounded like a good time to me....even if it just sat in my humidor. Normally if I wanted a cigar associated with the show I'd grab one of the 100000000 Camacho cigars that Clay Marrow (Ron Perlman) was always smoking.

Turns out these Cigars from Black Crown actually have a pretty decent rating and are getting great reviews. I guess I lucked out this time! I'll happily smoke at least one of them, and maybe keep the other one around for laughs like I had originally intended too. 

I absolutely love the SOA from Black Crown also. Bought them for the novelty, smoke em' cause they are good.  :bigthumbs:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Jackal

I really liked the Viva Republica Jailbreak, cigar within a cigar.

Sopranos by CAO was also excellent.  They reissued it after they lost the license.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

toby2

i'm waiting for some Bill Clinton cigars to come out. hell if i don't like em i can always use them as catfish bait.     :biggrin:

tfkirk

Have 64 in stock in my coolers 3 different sizes of the Sons of Anarchy and 2 different sizes of the Sons of Anarchy Clubhouse Edition nice cheap smoke. Picked them up on sale on a bid site got a great price on them. Putting them down for a long nap already have them down for over 200 days.

Also have the pepperbox cigar it received mixed reviews but I think their a good smoke. (4 small cigars in a box press).

Kirk

RIP BIG KIRK, LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU, SEE YOU ON THE OTHER SIDE

tvolball

QuoteJackal - 1/16/2018  8:59 PM

I really liked the Viva Republica Jailbreak, cigar within a cigar.

Sopranos by CAO was also excellent.  They reissued it after they lost the license.

I'll 2nd the Sopranos CAO. I have got where I keep a couple of them. My local B&M keeps a stock of them and they are fairly reasonable.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

CoreyMacLeod

No Signature Necessary.

Brlesq

Quotetoby2 - 1/16/2018  6:06 PM

i'm waiting for some Bill Clinton cigars to come out. hell if i don't like em i can always use them as catfish bait.     :biggrin:

They had these ready to be distributed until the FDA stepped in with more damned "health & safety" regulations that was requiring them to put a second band beneath the main band on each cigar.

The band read: "Do not insert past this point."

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

05Venturer

QuoteBrlesq - 1/19/2018  6:07 PM

Quotetoby2 - 1/16/2018  6:06 PM

They had these ready to be distributed until the FDA stepped in with more damned "health & safety" regulations that was requiring them to put a second band beneath the main band on each cigar.

The band read: "Do not insert past this point."

:lmao:  :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

toby2

QuoteBrlesq - 1/19/2018  7:07 PM  
Quotetoby2 - 1/16/2018  6:06 PM  i'm waiting for some Bill Clinton cigars to come out. hell if i don't like em i can always use them as catfish bait.     :biggrin:
They had these ready to be distributed until the FDA stepped in with more damned "health & safety" regulations that was requiring them to put a second band beneath the main band on each cigar.  The band read: "Do not insert past this point."  

:biggrin:  

McBryde

I didn't care for the Soprano from CAO, but the SOA was a dang fine stick!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.