Official 2018 Super Bowl of Cigars Contest...CANCELLED...

Started by nirab, 01/23/2018 12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nirab

Here is the real deal! The rules are as follows:

5 cigars gets you 5 squares
10 cigars gets you 10...you can see a trend!
20 squares max per geek.

Cigar Values - C'mon, there is no need to explain what to do. It's only your CG reputation on the line!...do it up CG style bytches!!
(still clueless???...how about some nice f'n ceegars! no dog rockets, include 1 premium cigar per 5 if you can...you know how we roll!)

Payout

End of 1st Qtr Score - 20 cigars
End of 2nd Qtr Score - 20 cigars
End of 3rd Qtr Score - 20 cigars

Final Score - 40 cigars
If the game goes to overtime, the end of the 4th Qtr does NOT win the contest...Final Score. Got it???

Here is who committed so far. If we do not fill up the squares by Sunday, the contest is null and void

Cfickter - 5
AustinMike - 10
headfirst - 5
ninfiction - 5
Chrism305 - 5
Deener27 - 5
RDF - 5
05Venturer - 5
bstessl - 5
johncw - 5
nirab - 5
amigodecigars - 5
apollo - 5

70 filled...30 to go...it's up to y'all!

Ship out your cigars asap... I am out of town from Feb 1-5th.

The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

appollo

ninfiction

If you need to fill another 5 at the end I'll take them..Would be cool to get more geeks to join first though.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

amigodecigars

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

nirab

Quoteamigodecigars - 1/23/2018  7:09 PM

Put me down for 5 cigars.

done!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

The clock is ticking, need to fill this up asap...who doesn't want a chance to win some cigars??!!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

Chrism305

Do the winners get random 5 packs (best choice i think) or is it going to be overly complicated with a draft of some sort?

Anyway I'd like to be in for 10, I will get them out tomorrow afternoon.

appollo

Brian ,I will send you the sticks after we know its a go.

05Venturer

"If we do not fill up the squares by Sunday, the contest is null and void"
So we do not know if we are even having the contest until Sunday( if it is not filled up) but you want us to ship the cigars to make it to you by Wednesday?? :confused:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

appollo

Brian I played in one of these a couple years ago and we sent the list of sticks in ,the co-ordinate approved the sticks and a list was made.The different groups of sticks were then  picked by the winners and the person who's group they picked sent the cigars directly to them.The picking order was randomly selected.

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

bstessl

I think it's too rushed to do the format you had last year... Just my opinion
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

appollo

Quotebstessl - 1/25/2018  5:14 PM

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=42062.0

These rules seemed to work well
Yep this is the one I'm talking about seem to work well

clami

I will jump in for at least 5 squares - will take 10 if needed.  I agree - with the short time window we can submit the list of cigars and mail directly to the winners.

Chrism305

Here are the sticks I pulled. I will post the particulars later tonight.

Chrism305

Sorry, that resize didn't go as planned. I can regroup if you think they are out of balance.

AustinMike

nirab

Quote05Venturer - 1/25/2018  1:10 PM

So we do not know if we are even having the contest until Sunday( if it is not filled up) but you want us to ship the cigars to make it to you by Wednesday?? :confused:

yea, hard concept to wrap your head around, isn't it???

the cigars do not have to arrive by Wed, that was an oversight on my part...you are much smarter than that!...I think???

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

be like Chrism305! post a pic, and ship away!  as long as the squares get filled up, and the cigars are here when I get back, this can work. if not, no worries. I know its a bit rushed, but it can be done. it ain't life or death stuff. lets keep it open until next Saturday to fill the squares, and get the sticks out any chance you get. I plan on putting names into a hat and randomly assigning squares, and then using a deck of cards to assign numbers.

if cigars arrive while I'm gone, my wife is trained in proper cigar storage!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

QuoteAustinMike - 1/25/2018  9:11 PM

This is getting way too complicated.  I'm out.

sorry to see ya go brother...

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

nirab

QuoteChrism305 - 1/25/2018  8:41 PM

Sorry, that resize didn't go as planned. I can regroup if you think they are out of balance.

perfect!

it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

Thich Nhat Hanh

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289

appollo

Cfickter

First, Brian can we update the square count?
How are the squares picked?  Are you going to post a Google Doc we can quickly fill in?
I am happy with the posting a pick or sending a list and have the winners pick by fiver.  I would suggest the overall winner pick two, then each quarter pick one, rinse and repeat.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

Quotenirab - 1/25/2018  9:15 PM

Quote05Venturer - 1/25/2018  1:10 PM

yea, hard concept to wrap your head around, isn't it???

the cigars do not have to arrive by Wed, that was an oversight on my part...you are much smarter than that!...I think???

"Ship out your cigars asap... I am out of town from Feb 1-5th." < this certainly made it sound like you wanted the cigars to you by wednesday.
Guess I am not smart enough, I should be a mind reader or decoder to know that your wife would not be going with you
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

johncw

Can we get a count on where we are... I could do 10 but don't want to ship twice. Please let me know.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.