Today's Smoke - Pipe Version No. 4

Started by gitfiddl, 01/26/2018 04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

After FOUR years and 28(!) pages, I figures it was time for a new thread.  

I went rummaging through my tin drawers last night and this tin of Bjarne Viking Erik the Red jumped out at me.  I'd had it cellared away for about three years.  I cracked the tin open and was almost overpowered by the cherry aroma. Thank goodness it doesn't taste as strong as it smelled in the tin. Just enough flavor to know it's cherry. Pretty tasty actually. Of course it looks like they don't make it anymore...

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

toby2

gitfiddl

Had a bowl of 3 year old Lane Dark Red in an MM Little Devil Cutty when I got home from work today.  The Dark Red is supposedly a cherry blend.  Maybe it was the aging, but I didn't get a lot of cherry, at least not the overwhelming medicinal cherry prevalent in many cherry blends.  
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

millarddj

Bowl of Boswell Countryside in my Peterson Rocky Dublin last night, and Sutliff Molto Dolce in my MM Diplomat this afternoon. HOORAY FOR DAYCARE!!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

Boswell Dan's Blend in my three star straight Lee
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

Dunhill Standard Mixture in a WDC Guardsman bent dublin
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

Ole Shenandoah Barrel 76 in my Masterson Freehand - still one of the best-smoking pipes I own, and my go-to for aromatics!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

freakydeakydutchman

I was thinking of having some Mccland Topper tonight. or some old joe kranz.. not to sure yet
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

millarddj

W.O. Larsen Craftsman's Edition 2017 in my reconditioned WDC Wellington
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

Spot of C&D London Squire in the MM Eaton tonight
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

G&H Sweet rum twist in a Stanwell Trio Smooth 232. This was basically like smoking a ligero bomb first thing in the morning. I can't taste my tomato juice
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

PS Luxury Navy Flake in a Savinelli Oscar Elite. I love daycare some days!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

Hastings Pipe Club met last night. I was smoking for 2-3 hours solid so I didn't want anything to fry my taste buds:

Boswell's Premium Burley in a Baraccini Bulldog churchwarden
Orlik Golden Sliced (yum) in a Savinelli Oscar Elite bent billiard
John Bull in a no-name bent apple briar
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

freakydeakydutchman

Had me some C&D mpuntian camp... it was good! might have me some drucqure and sons Trafalgar before bed..
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

millarddj

Dunhill Royal Yacht in a MM Diplomat 5th Ave bent. Bit stronger than my usual preference for VAs, but pretty pleasant. I expect to make this my "project" tobacco this week.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

Today:

Drew Estate Central Park Stroll in a Stanwell B&W 409
Dunhill Royal Yacht in a MM Eaton
PS Luxury Navy Flake in a Savinelli Oscar Elite
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

CascadeSmoker

Blender's Gold Royal Cherry in a Wally Frank (I'm a noob, I know this)
CascadeSmoker

A cigar ought not to be smoked solely with the mouth, but with the hand, the eyes, and with the spirit.- Zino Davidoff

millarddj

QuoteCascadeSmoker - 2/17/2018  3:17 AM

Blender's Gold Royal Cherry in a Wally Frank (I'm a noob, I know this)

We all start somewhere. I bought a small pile of OTC pipe tobacco a couple of years ago, and I still love Carter Hall! I haven't touched a lot of the OTC brands, but it hasn't really been out of disdain for them. Though I love cherries in almost all forms, I have found I'm not a big fan of cherry flavored pipe tobacco. Anything boozy though, is a sure win for an aromatic blend.

If you want to try out a few different blends, please shoot me a pm! I have graduated from complete greenhorn status to amateur, and have picked up a ton of pipe tobacco in the process. Happy to pay it forward!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

appollo

millarddj

Quoteappollo - 2/17/2018  8:23 PM

CH Yellow Rose Texas Torpedo

Wrong thread! Get yer tube rolls outta here!
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

freakydeakydutchman

LOL had me some mountain camp again last night.. good stuff. eailer that day.. had me a bowl of topper, really good stuff
Dr. Suess

millarddj

Today it was C&D Corn Cob Pipe & A Button Nose for breakfast in the WDC Wellington, followed by a mid-afternoon course of Samuel Gawith Full Virginia Flake in my Stanwell Trio Smooth 232.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

GL Pease JackKnife Plug in the MM Eaton
Captain Earle's Honor Blend in a Medico Medalist
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

millarddj

:notamused:  :notamused:  :notamused:

Dunhill Royal Yacht in a meer pot sitter on the back deck for daily rosary - I guess I was at least reminded to post today by the  :spamcan: !
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

05Venturer

Frog Morton Cellar in my Brog Boxer
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.