Canadian pass (Now looking at making this an official pass)

Started by Vanilla Gorilla, 02/02/2018 08:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vanilla Gorilla

Hey guys!

Was checking in to see how Canadian's have faired with passes on here over the past few years? I remember it being difficult and sometimes really expensive to participate in passes with my fellow American BOTLs. Is that still the same and would there be enough Canadian members who might be willing to start a pass?! 

Edit: Now that interest is being expressed I'm willing to turn this into an actual pass. I'll add names below as interest goes and once we hit a certain amount of participants we'll make it official. 

Interested members as of now:

Vanilla Gorilla (Greg)
Appollo (Stephen)
Quickme (Niki)
Pferg (Patrick)
biggsey16 (Rich)
freakydeakydutchman (Steve) 

Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

ninfiction

I know Stephen - Appollo often joins the pass and does his turn virtually. That way the entire pass isn't going through customs, just puts and takes. As you probably know, the cost can go up quick with a bigger heavier box.

I think if you have the right participants on either end of the crossing you can minimize the issues. Have to make sure the members know/are willing to pay the extra postage and mess with the customs form.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

appollo

I was thinking about this myself,it would be fun.But everyone that starts passes has no trouble fitting me in.I either go first or last and it works out well.I would still like the all Canadian pass though. :-)

freakydeakydutchman

I belive we Canucks did an All Canadian pass a few years ago.. and it went well... from what I remember
"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

Vanilla Gorilla

I'd love to get one going again! Who'd be in if we did? How many is a good number to start with? If we can hit whatever that number is I'll kick it off myself!

appollo

quickme

biggsy16

Only if we allowed to build a pipeline
Never done being a Dad

Vanilla Gorilla

Ok Well maybe I'll start setting up an interested parties list?! If you want your name removed you can let me know in here or via private message. There'd be no hard feelings! Maybe once we hit a certain number we can get things started? Any suggestions for a starting number?

Vanilla Gorilla

Quotefreakydeakydutchman - 2/2/2018  2:37 PM  I belive we Canucks did an All Canadian pass a few years ago.. and it went well... from what I remember

Would you be interesting in jumping in if we started a new one?! 

quickme

We can keep it open for a bit and whenever it starts it starts.  Looking forward to this :)

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

pferg

Id be interested in Canadian Pass. I was in on the one from years ago. I don't have the variety of cigars i used to though,

biggsy16

Never done being a Dad

freakydeakydutchman

"when a guy does something stupid once, well that's because he's a guy. But if he does the same stupid thing twice, that's usually to impress some girl."
Dr. Suess

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=freakydeakydutchman

Vanilla Gorilla

Quotefreakydeakydutchman - 2/4/2018  1:35 AM  Im in if you will have me.

You're in! I'll add you to the list 

appollo

Its looking good.Get a few more were on our way.If nothing else I would go with this many if no one else signs up. :-)

Vanilla Gorilla

It's looking good guys! Maybe we'll leave it up till the weekend then get things started early next week?

Cfickter

Well done brothers to the north, enjoy the pass
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

appollo

pferg

Am i included in the pass? I would like to if you'll have me.

Vanilla Gorilla

Quotepferg - 2/8/2018  9:21 PM  Am i included in the pass? I would like to if you'll have me.

Of course! I added you after you mentioned you'd like to be a part of it!

Vanilla Gorilla

OK everyone 

I'm going to leave this open for a few more days, purchase a couple new sticks to add to what I can put into the first shipment then send it out by the weekend. Sorry I dropped the ball on this last week, lots going on at work. Looking forward to get this started and I think for a first time we have a decent number to get us started. If people want to join in as we go we can figure that out later, or just keep this as a trial with those in the final list before mail out.

I'll create the official pass over the next few days and draw numbers to see who is sending the pass to who next. Looking forward to this, guys!  

quickme

Thanks for organizing!  Take the time that you need.  We could always have this go around twice.

appollo

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.