Anyone looking to get rid of a small Humidor?

Started by Joelala, 02/15/2018 04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joelala

I hope some of you guys remember me, I miss the hell out of you guys.

Life has drastically gotten in the way of my cigar smoking but I feel a small comeback coming my way.

I went from a end table humidor to a foot locked humidor and now I am looking to go to a small 50-stick humidor. I think this is the size I will live with for a while. I just gave my 50-stick to a buddy about a year ago who needed some storage.

Now I am in need. As long as its in good condition and holds humidity I would love to purchase it from you so I can sell my footlocker. I am hoping for something that could hold 25-50 sticks as that is the amount I think I will be living with from here on out. My days of having 300+ sticks on hand wont be around for some time. And my footlocker holds humidity great when it is full with cigars, it just hasn't been full for a long time.

Now my other option is a small coolidor or tupperdore. If you guys think that is the smarter play here then speak up :).  I can run to Wal-Mart and get a nice small cooler for under $30.

Thanks ahead of time and I hope to be a part of this fantastic group again sometime soon.
Joe

headfirst

I'd help but the shipping...if I were you I'd watch the Holts specials, they have small humis like that going for $25 shipped every week.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Joelala

Thanks! I will have a look. I didn't even think about the shipping costs.
Joe

ninfiction

Unless you really care what it looks like a tupperware or cooler would be the way to go. I had a Sterilite, 32qt I think. The model with the blue gasket. I could stack 3 regular size cedar trays in there, with room for a box underneath. It held humidity like a champ. I got mine at Target for like $12. Toss in 4 Boveda and forget about it. Sterilite makes smaller and larger sizes that come with the gasket too.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Deener27

Quoteninfiction - 2/15/2018  5:29 PM

Unless you really care what it looks like a tupperware or cooler would be the way to go. I had a Sterilite, 32qt I think. The model with the blue gasket. I could stack 3 regular size cedar trays in there, with room for a box underneath. It held humidity like a champ. I got mine at Target for like $12. Toss in 4 Boveda and forget about it. Sterilite makes smaller and larger sizes that come with the gasket too.

This is the exactly the route I went 2 months ago as my collection grew.  Very inexpensive and extremely effective.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

McBryde

I have 3, but shipping would kill you! You mine as well find one online that has cheap or free shipping, and go that route.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

05Venturer

40 ct for $27 and several other options

https://www.cigarpage.com/humidors.html

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Joelala

Thanks alll. I think I'm gonna grab a small cooler. That's for the feedback it's clearly been a while.
Joe

KickStart

I think the others have steered you right.
I have about 4-5 20ct desktop humidors which are still nib, and a couple of 25-50's that are not in use, and maybe more I'm not thinking of. I ended up using inexpensive coolers for main storage in my climate-controlled 65 degree shop, then a regular cigar box or an airtight canister inside my not-so cool nor dry house to keep the handful i'm going to smoke now. I didn't buy the ready made trays to put in the coolers because only the sides of most are spanish cedar (bottom is veneer over mdf), instead using plastic trays that better utilized space. I have spanish cedar pieces scattered all throughout my coolers for the benefits it offers. Nobody ever sees my cooleradors, so I'm not concerned about them being pretty as much as being effective. I even have a wine cooler that works, but I ended up unplugging it because my shop is too cold, and there's no room in the house for it. I'll move the contents of that into coolers eventually. I considered for a second offering something for your locker, but realized I have no use for one. I'm perfectly happy with the $25 coolers and will buy more as I need them.

ntanner

I know its been awhile since you were around but remember what a bunch of enablers we are here and think about a100ct at least. Remember the rule double what you think you need. By the way welcome back.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Joelala

Quotentanner - 2/16/2018  12:57 AM

I know its been awhile since you were around but remember what a bunch of enablers we are here and think about a100ct at least. Remember the rule double what you think you need. By the way welcome back.

I do remember, at this point it is not desire to smoke, it is time. The reason I originally slowed down was due to a big career change and a 2 young children. The career change is working out now so I should start to have a little more free time but not the amount that would justify smoking 4-5 times per week. I will be lucky if I smoke a 1-2 sticks a week once spring rolls around.
Joe

millarddj

Quoteninfiction - 2/15/2018  7:29 PM

I still have and use the Sterilite tuppedor that Brian is referring to, which he gifted to me. It is amazing for humidity, frankly. I think I swap the bovedas out maybe twice a year? It's SO solid on humidity that I stopped even keeping a hygrometer in it.
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

Cigary

Quoteninfiction - 2/15/2018  6:29 PM  Unless you really care what it looks like a tupperware or cooler would be the way to go. I had a Sterilite, 32qt I think. The model with the blue gasket. I could stack 3 regular size cedar trays in there, with room for a box underneath. It held humidity like a champ. I got mine at Target for like $12. Toss in 4 Boveda and forget about it. Sterilite makes smaller and larger sizes that come with the gasket too.

This just makes sense....I have my "pretty" wood humidors because I believe everyone should have 1 or 2 but when it comes to storage you're not gonna beat a Tupperador.  They come in all sizes and are super easy to set up and they work.  I have different sizes from 50 count to 400 sized ones and they are spot on with temps/RH.  The cost for them...cheap!  Throw some cedar boxes inside to help regulate RH and it's a winning formula and you store your cigars inside the cigar box...inside the Tupperware...WIN WIN!

Joelala

Quotemillarddj - 2/16/2018  2:11 PM

Quoteninfiction - 2/15/2018  7:29 PM

I still have and use the Sterilite tuppedor that Brian is referring to, which he gifted to me. It is amazing for humidity, frankly. I think I swap the bovedas out maybe twice a year? It's SO solid on humidity that I stopped even keeping a hygrometer in it.

Which Sterilite tuppedor do you use?
Joe

millarddj

It is pretty much exactly this one right here, except the latches are on the ends instead of two on each of the long sides: https://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-19334304-Gasket-Aquarium-Latches/dp/B00KL7VQ7S/ref=sr_1_2?
Ex Fumo Dare Lucem

quickme

You can go to wallymart and find the Lock 'n Lock ones.   I have 6 of them along with 6 of the rubbermaid ones.   They work great with a couple boveda packs in them.  Each one fits roughly about 50 sticks.

Joelala

Joe

Joelala

Joe

Deener27

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.