Nick & Jim PBE cigars

Started by amigodecigars, 02/16/2018 11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

Jim Robinson & Nick Syris... at the factory in Costa Rica.. Making Nick & Jim's!!!  They were going to be called "Lavida Isla" but there is a legal snafu to work out so in the meantime they are called "Nick & Jim P.B.E." (pre-band edition). They can be purchased through https://rodrigocigars.com/ — with Jim Robinson and Nicholas Syris in Santiago De Puriscal, San Jose, Costa Rica.  The new Jim Robinson cigar, created with Nicholas Syris of LH Premium Cigars .....Lavida Habana.     Jim has 'Leaf & Bean' in Pittsburgh.                                                                                                                                                                          
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Cfickter

Like you mention Pittsburgh is the home of Jim Robinson and Leaf & Bean cigars and B&M.  The L&B shop is a great place and I hit there regularly.  The PBE is a very good smoke.  I find it mostly towards the medium side, perhaps even mild-medium.  Great stick with a good coffee in the morning.
I have the September critique and I am leaning towards this as my choice
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

amigodecigars

Some readers may not be very familiar with either Syris or Robinson, but to dismiss either of them or their joint effort due to that fact would be a mistake. While not exceedingly complex, the profile of the Nick & Jim P.B.E. was quite enjoyable, with a combination of creamy almonds, oak and slight toffee sweetness that was present throughout. However, the standout was the construction, which—other than the aforementioned recut of the cap—needed almost no attention at all across the three samples. In addition, the overall balance was quite good, leading me to classify this as an excellent choice for a morning smoke for those times when you have the two hours that is necessary to enjoy it.               

Full review at: https://halfwheel.com/nick-jim-p-b-e/253688                                                                                                                                         

• Factory: Tabacos de Costa Rica[/li][/list]
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.