Cigar pairing with a Guinness?

Started by Silverstix, 03/08/2018 08:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstix

with St. Patrick’s Day right around the corner, I’m craving an ice cold Guinness. Got me thinking - which cigars might pair well with one? Any thoughts?

Joelala

Joe

Silverstix

I'm thinking either an Oliva V or a Padron 64 maduro, but want to get some different takes on it

toby2

i love them both but cigars always taste a bit bitter to me with Guinness. or IPA's

ninfiction

I would think something meatier, definitely maduro. Dinner(cigar) and a Guinness sounds like a great idea.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ntanner

I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Deener27

Quotentanner - 3/8/2018  11:18 PM

LFD double ligero Chisel

I did an Airbender the other night with a pint.

I had a RoMa Cro Mode 5 last night with Guinness and it was an excellent pairing.  Really, I think most cigars that are medium to medium-full without a ton of pepper would make a great combo.  My preferred method is to light a cigar, drink a whole Guinness with it, finish the cigar and start another combo.  That way I will find the most perfect pairing or fall down in the bushes.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

shakinghorizons

If you can find them, change to Nitro Guinness and your options will increase 10 fold.

PETE314

I haven't had them...BUT...The Drew Estate Smoking Monk Imperial Stout was blended specifically for Stouts like Guinness.  I have had the IPA version and I thought it to be a pretty decent stick.  Current bid is $14 for a 5 pack Toro on the devil site.   https://www.cigarbid.com/a/drew-estate-smoking-monk-imperial-stout-toro-pack-of-5/2835960/
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

MacMac

CAO Flatbed Carb -- nice "heavy" cigar.
Joe aka MacMac to 9 Grandkids

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.