CigarGeeks Fantasy Baseball 2018 - 5th Annual

Started by StogieDad, 03/21/2018 07:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StogieDad

Hey geeks!  I have been asked to restart the league for 2018.  We are in a bit of a tight schedule so I need folks in if you are in!  Post in the thread and I'll get you added.  Same as last year, 10 sticks for the overall and 1 super-premium for the All Star leader.

Chuck and myself are in, who else?  We will draft on the eve of the opening night, auto draft.

Last year's thread:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=46526.0

LEAGUE CHAMP HISTORY:

2017 - ninfiction
2016 - Caveman Steve
2015 - Caveman Steve
2014 - nkowal
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

StogieDad

Quoteninfiction - 3/21/2018  8:57 PM

YES! Count me in!

Last year's CHAMP returns!
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Kid Montana

I'll join in this year.  Never done fantasy baseball so this will be a good.

I'd rather have a cigar...

RDF

HokieSmokes!

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." H. Jackson Brown

Kman

I've never done baseball before, but I've been on a bit of buying spree lately so I'll donate cigars to the cause if you have an open spot.
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Deener27

I'm in for this year.  Should be a ton of fun.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

StogieDad

Brian, Chuck, and Randy, you should be able to just log in, I reactivated the league.  I will send out invites to the others.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

QuoteStogieDad - 3/22/2018  9:58 AM  Brian, Chuck, and Randy, you should be able to just log in, I reactivated the league.  I will send out invites to the others.

Yep, back in and ready to go.  I assume we will auto draft.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cfickter

OK, we are at 7, need a few more

Also, for the new guys, there is an app for this ESPN Fantasy Sports

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

StogieDad

QuoteCfickter - 3/22/2018  10:10 AM

QuoteStogieDad - 3/22/2018  9:58 AM  Brian, Chuck, and Randy, you should be able to just log in, I reactivated the league.  I will send out invites to the others.

Yep, back in and ready to go.  I assume we will auto draft.

Yes as soon as we fill up I will run us before opening day.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

Kid Montana

QuoteStogieDad - 3/21/2018  10:28 PM

Hey geeks!  I have been asked to restart the league for 2018.  We are in a bit of a tight schedule so I need folks in if you are in!  Post in the thread and I'll get you added.  Same as last year, 10 sticks for the overall and 1 super-premium for the All Star leader.

Chuck and myself are in, who else?  We will draft on the eve of the opening night, auto draft.

Last year's thread:

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=46526.0

LEAGUE CHAMP HISTORY:

2017 - ninfiction
2016 - Caveman Steve
2015 - Caveman Steve
2014 - nkowal

The link seems to be broken.  Anyone else experiencing that?

Cfickter

StogieDad

QuoteCfickter - 3/22/2018  10:14 AM

Who are we missing from last year?

I sent PMs to everyone from last years league to confirm interest or to remove from league.  nirab, nkowal, Caveman Steve, klamm and a couple more I think.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

05Venturer

Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cfickter

Quote05Venturer - 3/22/2018  2:22 PM  Put me in Coach.  I'm ready to donate

And I am ready to receive! 

Kid Montana

Last years thread has me confused; is it 13 sticks?  (10 for the winner, 2 dog rockets, 1 super premium)

StogieDad

-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Caveman Steve

"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

Kid Montana

Kman

QuoteKid Montana - 3/22/2018  11:36 PM  What site is the FB run through?

Well considering he said you could download the "ESPN Fantasy Sports" app, I'm going to a wild guess and say..... Yahoo 

"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." - Albert Einstein

Cfickter

StogieDad

Everyone but nirab has either confirmed back or confirmed out.  So we have nine teams and he would make ten.  After that we can still add but I would like to add in groups of two to avoid bye weeks.

New members have been sent an invite to join.  Let me know if you need anything.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

StogieDad

I imagine they will be adding Opening Day - Sunday to the next week for the week 1 game.  I am going to set a draft for Wednesday morning so everyone has time to set lineups for Thursday.
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.