How to get a week off (not recommended)

Started by DonM, 03/27/2018 08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonM

Greetings gents!  Just a note, please do not try this at home, I am quite sure it isn't Dr recommended

So, Saturday I checked my blood pressure and it was quite high. I took another BP pill and back to work.

Monday, I just didn't feel right at work and suspected the same thing. I asked to leave and my boss said no!  Well she is a C**t Canoe, as my daughter would put it.  At lunch I dipped into the CVS and checked my BP with a score of
186/106.  Well now that is a bit high?  It prompted me to make a quick phone call to let them know I wouldn't be back to work.  I then made an appt with my Doc, we do have a love/hate relationship.  I don't like Dr's.  

Fast forward, BP still high, EKG, and now I am wearing a heart monitor for 24 hours.  BP is still high today and taking a high performance BP pill to get it down.  Doc wont release me back to work until after my Monday appt with him.

Gents I am fine, just a minor setback BUT I would not recommend this as a way to get a week off.  Cheers!

"The Curmudgeon"

Beegerply

Wow Don that's sad that your boss has no regard for your health. On a second note I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.   :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

PETE314

Don...hope you get that under control as soon as possible...It doesn't sound like much of a week off...Take care of yourself...
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

headfirst

Hope that gets figured out quickly.  Smart of you to get yourself checked out and not just try to power through it.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

05Venturer

A good cigar would calm you down and drop that BP, it worked for me.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

Best to get that under control, an exploding heart would probably not be fun.

This is not the admin you're looking for...

ntanner

Glad you're doing okay. You can't mess around with that stuff.

So how did you end up with hi blood pressure anyway? I mean you work for the postal service  after all.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

McBryde

Since you are already wearing a heart monitor, note the times when you smoke a cigar. Have the doc look at your monitor during those times and see what she says before you tell her that is when you were smoking cigars to calm down!

Get to feeling better Don!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

benchjockey

Listen to the docs and take care of yourself. Wishing you all the best, Don!
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

appollo

nirab

Prayers n healing light to you my brother  :angel:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Brlesq

The doctor's Rx should be "You can't work at that place anymore.  Need to reduce your stress from the boss."
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

DonM

QuoteBrlesq - 3/27/2018  10:00 PM

The doctor's Rx should be "You can't work at that place anymore.  Need to reduce your stress from the boss."

Agree. More to the story on her, she has become a real piece of work

"The Curmudgeon"

johncw

Hope your body gets this under control brother.

bstessl

Best of luck man.  On a better note, We should be down in Ocala after Memorial day for a few days.
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Joelala

Feel better Don, BP is no joke, been on pills for 4 years now
Joe

DRuff

toby2

calvarez

Canoe:  Why is your blood pressure so high?

"You."
Carlos Alvarez, Peoria, AZ

"I've learned that the taboo subjects -- religion, politics,
philosophy -- can be safely discussed in polite company
when you're holding a fine cigar and a scotch."
  -- Me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.