St. Baldricks 2018 - The Contest, We have a winner

Started by Cfickter, 04/10/2018 08:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

With the gracious permission of the Brian I am offering a contest to support growing Geeks donations to his fundraising.

So for everyone who makes a donation, of any size, to his fundraising drive for St. Baldricks will get entered into a drawing for a a high-end fiver.  Minimum value $100 (Keystone or MSRP)

Brian only has full access to who has made donations and this is not about how much anyone person donated and how much someone donates will only be with Brian and not made part of this contest. 

One donation of any amount = one entry.
One entry limit per Geek.
All donor names are confirmed by Brian

I will posts two lists while this contest goes forward.
1 - Geeks qualified as provided by Brian
2 - Will do a count down of the cigars to be in the fiver

So go here https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/960099/2018 
and donate to get on this list.

Fiver list

1 - Davidoff Golf Scorecard Edition 2016 w/ gold winners band - only 12,500 cigars made, 1 in 5 are gold bands
2 - DE Liga Privida Unico Serie UF-13 
3 - Padron Family Reserve #45 Maduro
4 - Fuente Fuenta Opus X 20 Years Father and Son 
5 - DE Liga Privida Unico L-40
6 - One more for good measure

Geek that are in!

Nirab (Brian)
McBryde (Emerson)
deener27 (David)
brlesq (Bruce)
05Venturer (Kent)
Toby2 (Toby)
Kid Montana (Dan)
ninfiction (Brian)
RDF (Randy)
toms851 (Tom) 
StogieDad (Michael)
KMan (Kerry)

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

ninfiction

This is not the admin you're looking for...

Deener27

That's so awesome Chuck!  Thank you for putting this together.

Donate today.  This is a great cause!

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

bstessl

Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

nirab

Donation sent...Brian, thank you for doing this every year...you've gotta light in your soul, my brother... :biggrin:  :bigthumbs:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

Cfickter

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Cfickter

this is the list I have from Brian of those who have qualified for this contest by making a donation to his cause.  If you name does not appear on this list please contact Brian to verify.  Brian will then let me know
Nirab (Brian)
McBryde (Emerson)
deener27 (David)
brlesq (Bruce)
05Venturer (Kent)
Toby2 (Toby)
Kid Montana (Dan)
ninfiction (Brian)
RDF (Randy)
toms851 (Tom)

bstessl

Don't forget, everyone who donated is put into TWO contests!

Cfickter

bstessl

Deener27

Nice lineup of cigars there.  Some truly special ones there.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

bstessl

Cfickter

OK, confirming the final Geek list before pulling the winning name
This is how it will go down.  Each Geek will be assigned a random number based on the final number of participants.  The list will be emailed to Brian as security.
On this Thursday's herf one Geek of my choosing, yes its my contest, my choice, will choose the winning number.

Hang in there, results on Thursday

Deener27

QuoteCfickter - 4/24/2018  3:39 PM

OK, confirming the final Geek list before pulling the winning name
This is how it will go down.  Each Geek will be assigned a random number based on the final number of participants.  The list will be emailed to Brian as security.
On this Thursday's herf one Geek of my choosing, yes its my contest, my choice, will choose the winning number.

Hang in there, results on Thursday

What time are you going to make the drawing?  That might be must see TV.

Cfickter

QuoteDeener27 - 4/25/2018  7:54 AM  
QuoteCfickter - 4/24/2018  3:39 PM  OK, confirming the final Geek list before pulling the winning name This is how it will go down.  Each Geek will be assigned a random number based on the final number of participants.  The list will be emailed to Brian as security. On this Thursday's herf one Geek of my choosing, yes its my contest, my choice, will choose the winning number.  Hang in there, results on Thursday
What time are you going to make the drawing?  That might be must see TV.

Well as you know the NFL draft is Thursday night and should make for an interesting herf.  I am trying to figure out how to tie in the winning number into the NFL draft.

For sure after 8PM EST  

clami

I hope I'm not too late - just threw in a donation.  If I am, it still goes to a good cause.  Thanks.

bstessl

Cfickter

This is going to be freaky but I am hoping that it will be fun at the same time  Tonight is the NHL draft at 8:00 EST.

The Cleveland Browns have the first pick and there seems to be a lot of pundits with different opinions

Each team is allowed 10 minutes to pick, there are 12 Geek entered. 10 mins = 600 seconds, 600 seconds / 12 Geeks = 50 secs per Geek.  I created twelve 50 second segments.  I put the Geeks in a random order and assigned each a number.  I then (using random.org) assigned random numbers to the twelve 50 sec time slots.  Then each Geek was matched with the corresponding time slot.  So, Geek #1 got the time slot randomly assigned #1

Here is the table of times 

The winner will be chosen by the time that the Cleveland Browns turn in their first pick.  So for example if the Browns pick is in at 5:38 then the winner would be Emerson, if the pick is 7:03 then the winner is Bruce.

The “pick is in” time will be determined by the broadcast.  While the Browns are “on the clock” they will show the countdown to 0:00.  The they flash up or say, “the pick is in” that will stop the clock and whatever that time is will be the winning time 

We will be using the Fox Sports feed as the official clock, if it happens to hit the exact time between two people (example 4:10 or 7:30), then the winner winner will be decided in a coin flip

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Cfickter

With the first pick in the 2018 NHL Draft @ 2:13 the Cleveland Browns chose Baker Mayfield and the winner became
Deener27 (aka David)
Congrats David package will be sent this weekend, thanks to everyone who played and especially donated

ninfiction

Great contest Chuck. The process for selecting the winner was cool.

Deener27

QuoteCfickter - 4/27/2018  6:30 AM

With the first pick in the 2018 NHL Draft @ 2:13 the Cleveland Browns chose Baker Mayfield and the winner became
Deener27 (aka David)
Congrats David package will be sent this weekend, thanks to everyone who played and especially donated

Thanks for the great contest Chuck.  I am the luckiest cigar guy in the world.

Also, a huge thanks to everyone for donating and the well wishes for Brian.  This is truly the best gathering place in the universe for BOTL.

Deener27

Awesome winnings came in the mail today.

Thanks for a great contest Cfickter and for all of your generosity.  Thanks to everyone who donated to a great cause too.

Brlesq

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ninfiction

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.