July Member Sponsored Geek Critique

Started by junglepete, 04/18/2018 02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

junglepete

This Geek Critique has been generously sponsored by brlesq (Bruce)

The Cigar:My Father La Opulencia Robusto (5.2 x 52)

The Specs:

Country Manufactured: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Mexico
Filler: Nicaragua
Binder:Nicaragua

The Hype:

Combine My Father and Le Bijou and you've got Opulencia:

My Father Cigars have come a long way since their start in a tiny cigar factory in Miami's Little Havana nearly a decade and a half ago. Since then, they've grown into a go-to brand for cigar enthusiasts, regularly receiving outstanding reviews from critics and several top-25 honors. And we expect no less for the newest entry into this storied brand — My Father La Opulencia. A box-pressed vitola presented in six exquisite offerings, La Opulencia is here to redefine the premium cigar experience.

Featuring elements of the original My Father and Le Bijou, the La Opulencia utilizes an opulent Mexican Rosado Oscuro wrapper encasing flavorful Nicaraguan filler. This premium cigar has a smooth and creamy taste with leather and cocoa nuances. Each sample that went across our office burnt beautifully and smoothly down to the end.

Due Date: June 25th., 2018

Shipping Restrictions: US addresses only.

The Reviewers:

The last two spots will be a randon lottery for names submitted here. Veteran or plus status. Must not have done a Geek Critique review in April, May, or June.

1. KidMontana (Daniel)
2. DonM (Don)
3. Druff (Doug)
4. Silverstix (Tom)
5. StogieDad (Michael)

Note: A reviewer who posts their review late will receive neutral feedback. A reviewer who does not post at all will receive negative feedback. There are always exceptions to the rule and a reasonable excuse for tardiness or a no show will be respected and thus not counted against the reviewer. Our sponsoring members and our administrators make the choice of who is to participate in any particular Geek Critique and can be better informed of their choices with this initiative in place.

Thanks again to Bruce for taking this one on and providing the cigar. THANKS!! And happy smokin'  :cigarguy:
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Silverstix

Would love to try that cigar, and would love to be involved in the review!  Either way, solid job by Bruce for putting this together.  Very generous of you

Beegerply

Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

StogieDad

I haven't done one in a bit so I'd like to be in the running.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

DonM

I am looking forward to this one!  Thanks for including me Bruce

:bigthumbs:

"The Curmudgeon"

klamm143

I'd like to submit to the lottery............not having much luck on the big lottery games, so guess I'll give this one a try.     :goodluck:
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

Vanilla Gorilla

Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

junglepete

QuoteVanilla Gorilla - 4/19/2018  11:35 AM

Would love to be a part of this one!

Sorry Greg...US address delivery only on this one.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Vanilla Gorilla

Quotejunglepete - 4/19/2018  12:40 PM  
QuoteVanilla Gorilla - 4/19/2018  11:35 AM  Would love to be a part of this one!
Sorry Greg...US address delivery only on this one.

That's ok! I should have read the post more carefully! 

Forever seaching for the perfect cigar, one puff at a time.

Brlesq

Thanks for the interest, guys. We'll cut this off on Saturday and then I'll let a random number generator figure out who gets he last 2 spots
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

McBryde

I'd like to be in on this one in the lottery please good sirs!

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

PETE314

Would LOVE to do this one...but alas I will be unable to do so...that really sucks...this sounds like a good'un!!!!!  Good Luck to those entered!!!!
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Cap10_Morgan

Count me in for the lotto as well.  This one sounds very interesting.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Brlesq

OK, sign up is over, and we have 6 volunteers. Numbers assigned in order of posting time.

1.   Silverstix
2.   Beegerply
3.   StogieDad
4.   klamm143
5.   McBryde
6.   Cap10_Morgan

Used the random number generator to pick 2 numbers between 1 and 6, inclusive.  The results:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Brlesq

Silverstix and StogieDad are in the review.

Please make sure that all addresses are up to date (or send it to me if you don't list it) and I will get these out to everyone soon so that they can rest in your humidor a while before you review.  Thanks!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Silverstix

Thank you very much for putting this together, Brlesq!  Really looking forward to trying this one

Brlesq

Four of the five packages went out to you gentlemen today so that you could let the cigar rest a bit at your preferred humidity. The review will be due by June 25, 2018.

The last package will go out if Kenny G's cousin gets me his complete mailing info.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Silverstix

DonM

Thanks Bruce, will be watching for it!

"The Curmudgeon"

StogieDad

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

DonM

Got the box today.  Thanks for having me in the review and thanks for the tag along cigars!

"The Curmudgeon"

StogieDad

Got mine, thanks Bruce!  I'll post a pic this weekend, but there are a couple of fine tag alongs in here!
-- Winston Churchill

-- Abraham Lincoln

-- Ron Swanson

Silverstix

Package landed!! Thanks a lot Bruce for the bodyguards you sent along!

Brlesq

Everyone should have these now.  Thanks for doing the critique, fellas!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Brlesq

Just a reminder that this one is due June 25th., 2018.  If you haven't finished it yet, this would be a great weekend to do so since your wife MUST allow you to smoke the entire weekend on Father's Day weekend. (That's a law, I think.)  :biggrin:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.