Cigars you miss....

Started by PETE314, 04/20/2018 10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PETE314

So it happens often.  Cigars are made either in a limited edition or the business revamps...etc. etc.  But whatever the reason, there are no more to be had.  I can think of several that I just miss.....  None of them were expensive...But I miss them just the same.  (and coincidentally if you know anyone who has any of these...we need to talk...LOL) 

For me some that I miss:

Padillia Miami Edicion Limitada 2010 (Perfecto) - This was one smooth cigar, I grabbed them every chance I had.  Was definitely one of my favorite smokes. Coffee, chocolate, a little spice...I couldn't ask for more...I hear the current Miami just doesn't measure up...

Humo Jaguar  - I can't remember if it was Brian (nirab) or Stephen (sjn1117) who got me my first one, but boy I had a hankering for them soon after.  A Honduran festival winner and made me fall in love with the Honduran Leaf

Camacho Corojo (Old Blend) - Sometimes you just need to leave well enough alone.  The current Corojo is good...But it is not as good as the old blend.  And the Old Blend aged better than just about any cigar I knew of...  

Camacho SLR (Maduro and Natural) - Much like the Padillia Miami in their smoothness, But GREAT earthiness in the maduro, wonderful tobacco flavors in the Natural...

Damn I miss these sticks!!!  LOL

What sticks do you miss and why??? 

I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

Cfickter

How about the CAO Brazilia Carnivale.  Released on early 2013, haven't been able to find lately
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

junglepete

"Camacho Corojo (Old Blend) - Sometimes you just need to leave well enough alone.  The current Corojo is good...But it is not as good as the old blend.  And the Old Blend aged better than just about any cigar I knew of...  "

I remember buying lots of these before they changed it up. I have a stash back in Canada that may hold some of those. My brother is coming for a golf trip on Sunday and I will ask him to check my stash and grab them if they are there. I do believe I also have the 10th Anniversary blend there as well, although I did not think it was as good as the corojo.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Beegerply

Perdomo ESV91 they are one of my favorite smoke that I can no longer get, They were always had a nice creamy smooth taste on light up with some coffee and a nutty flavor that I liked. I've not had one in years, like Pete if anyone has some I'd be interested in a few.   :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

PETE314

Quotejunglepete - 4/20/2018  3:00 PM  "Camacho Corojo (Old Blend) - Sometimes you just need to leave well enough alone.  The current Corojo is good...But it is not as good as the old blend.  And the Old Blend aged better than just about any cigar I knew of...  "  I remember buying lots of these before they changed it up. I have a stash back in Canada that may hold some of those. My brother is coming for a golf trip on Sunday and I will ask him to check my stash and grab them if they are there. I do believe I also have the 10th Anniversary blend there as well, although I did not think it was as good as the corojo.
I think it was Holt's who had a GREAT deal on these for at least a year after the new release.  I was not in the position to take advantage of it as much as I wanted....but I did get a few...Actually one of the new blends I really like and can't really find anymore is the "Blackout"  that was a tasty stick...

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

shakinghorizons

Davidoff Year of the Sheep
Davidoff Year of the Monkey

ntanner

Padilla 1968 robusto (not the Black Bear )
CAO LX2

Both great smokes I can't seem to find any more.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

Kid Montana

Quotentanner - 4/20/2018  6:03 PM

CAO LX2

That cigar was excellent.  One of my favorites back in the late 2000's.

I'd rather have a cigar...

05Venturer

I will definitely second the Humo Jaguar that was a fine smoke.
Another was a budget stick I really liked was the "Varina Farms Winter Warmer Blend",I still have one left with about 4 years on it that I have been saving
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

benchjockey

Punch Uppercut. Smoked them by the boxes until they were discontinued.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

tvolball

I am pretty sure my local B&M still has Humo Jaguar's in stock and I think they have 1 or 2 of the Year of the Monkey as well

Me personally, I miss the EP Carillo Ediction Limitado 2012. One of the best I've smoked.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Cigary

Puros Heurfanos 681.....( most say it was the LP #9 in disguise....I believe it )
Capoeria from J Fuego...still have a few and what a great cigar!

Brlesq

For those that liked the Humo Jaguar, this was an annual event cigar in there were at least 2 different years.  Plasencia blended one, Patel blended another one.  Which one is it that you liked best?
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nirab

Room101 OSOK. What a wonderful cigar!
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

toby2

QuoteKid Montana - 4/20/2018  9:57 PM  
Quotentanner - 4/20/2018  6:03 PM  CAO LX2  
That cigar was excellent.  One of my favorites back in the late 2000's.

ditto's! i liked the box press one you could only get in the sampler for a bit.

and yup, Camacho sh!t the bed when they re-blended.   i have a bunch of both and the new stuff got demoted to work smokes. knew there was reason they were so deep discounted....

05Venturer

QuoteBrlesq - 4/21/2018  9:45 AM

For those that liked the Humo Jaguar, this was an annual event cigar in there were at least 2 different years.  Plasencia blended one, Patel blended another one.  Which one is it that you liked best?

The Nestor blend  :thumbsup:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

DonM

QuoteCigary - 4/21/2018  1:34 PM

Puros Heurfanos 681.....( most say it was the LP #9 in disguise....I believe it )
Capoeria from J Fuego...still have a few and what a great cigar!

That was a good one!

"The Curmudgeon"

MusicCity

2013 Tat black label corona gorda. Current production doesn't hold a candle IMO.

Caveman Steve

Quote05Venturer - 4/22/2018  10:14 AM

QuoteBrlesq - 4/21/2018  9:45 AM

The Nestor blend  :thumbsup:

I have a few Humo Jaguar Robustos.  No idea which one.  How can I tell? :confused:
"yesterday I did nothing, and today I'm finishing what I did yesterday"

toby2

QuoteCigary - 4/21/2018  10:34 AM  Puros Heurfanos 681.....( most say it was the LP #9 in disguise....I believe it ) Capoeria from J Fuego...still have a few and what a great cigar!

i think i still have some. didn't they ship from Famous? 

Cigary

Quotetoby2 - 4/22/2018  3:33 PM  

QuoteCigary - 4/21/2018  10:34 AM  Puros Heurfanos 681.....( most say it was the LP #9 in disguise....I believe it ) Capoeria from J Fuego...still have a few and what a great cigar!

Yep.....both brands.  I probably bought half a dozen boxes of the PH 681's and ran out about a year ago...very sad.  The Capo's were almost equally as good and I'd buy these off the auction sites from Famous....pricing was crazy and cheap and to date I still have about a dozen of the Capos...and even with that much rest on them they still are really good.

PETE314

QuoteBrlesq - 4/21/2018  1:45 PM  For those that liked the Humo Jaguar, this was an annual event cigar in there were at least 2 different years.  Plasencia blended one, Patel blended another one.  Which one is it that you liked best?

You know...It has been a while, but I do remember there was a difference...Whichever came first was the one I really liked...

Mautrak

I bought two five packs of the Viaje Zombie Farmer Bill The Hatchet.  I loved that cigar.  I gave away a five pack at a fundraiser lunch, and then gave one cigar to a friend.  I've enjoyed the other four immensely, and wish I had more.

And darn it.  Now that I'm posting this I'm opening other tabs looking for them.  Thanks a lot.

gitfiddl

The Pepin Garcia-blended 5 Vegas Miami line and the original Pinar del Rio Oscuros would be on my list.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Jackal

Quotetoby2 - 4/22/2018  3:33 PM

I think that the Judge by J. Fuego is the same blend as the Capoeira.  Some trademark dispute made them change the name.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.