Need assistance from someone smarter than me

Started by shakinghorizons, 04/20/2018 07:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shakinghorizons

I'm willing to admit defeat - I have to mail a package to Serbia and cannot figure out the label, lol.

Olge Petrov 22, Beograd, Borca, 11211, Serbia

I have narrowed down that Olge Petrov 22 is the street address

Borca is the city/town in Serbia

Serbia is the country

11211 is the zip code

Which leaves me with Beograd. I cannot find ANYTHING - any google search corrects me to "Belgrade" which obviously isn't correct. I have had the recipient confirm the address twice already.

Any help?!?!?! :banghead:  :banghead:

junglepete

The city is Belgrade...the municipality is Borca.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

shakinghorizons

Quotejunglepete - 4/20/2018  7:36 PM

The city is Belgrade...the municipality is Borca.

It's not though. He was very specific in the "Beograd"

Savonian

I agree with Junglepete, Beograd/Belgrade is essentially the same city.

From Wikipedia:
Belgrade (/'b?lgre?d/ BEL-grayd; Serbian: Beograd / ???????, meaning "White city", Serbian pronunciation: [beograd] (About this sound listen); names in other languages) is the capital and largest city of Serbia.

Deener27

Just looked it up on Google Maps and I see the dude's front door.  Borca looks like a northern burb of Belgrade.

I would address it:

Olge Petrov 22
Beograd, Borca
11211, Serbia

I've had to do plenty of Int'l shipping as part of my last job and was the one working with customs and clearing issues.  Here is a really handy site through USPS which helps shippers: https://pe.usps.com/text/imm/ps_025.htm

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

shakinghorizons

QuoteSavonian - 4/20/2018  11:24 PM

I agree with Junglepete, Beograd/Belgrade is essentially the same city.

From Wikipedia:
Belgrade (/'b?lgre?d/ BEL-grayd; Serbian: Beograd / ???????, meaning "White city", Serbian pronunciation: [beograd] (About this sound listen); names in other languages) is the capital and largest city of Serbia.

Good ol' Wiki, that makes more sense now.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.