My intro

Started by PurosIndios1, 04/28/2018 08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PurosIndios1

My name is Roberto and I'm from Burlington, VT and currently working at Ben & Jerrys. Previously I worked on the Bernie Sanders campaign, shame the damn deplorables won! Hoping to take the country back in 2020.

Recently my grandfather had to stop smoking and passed down his humidor to me. I noticed some of his cigars had cello and others didn't, that's why I was curious.

So now that I've posted my intro, what else do I have to do to get into a pass?

ntanner

Welcome to CG from New Mexico.
I am not concerned about what you think as I can tell you don't do it often.

I used to be a people person, but then people ruined that for me.

Every loaf of bread is a tragic story of a group of grains that could have become beer but didn't.

ninfiction

Welcome to the group.

About the passes, typically you need to be Veteran status which means 60 days as a member and a minimum of 100 posts. We do have passes happening regularly so you won't miss out. Just put your time and become involved in the forums.

As a side note, there are a lot of deplorables active here so tread lightly with the politics.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

05Venturer

QuotePurosIndios1 - 4/28/2018  8:52 PM

My name is Roberto and I'm from Burlington, VT and currently working at Ben & Jerrys. Previously I worked on the Bernie Sanders campaign, shame the damn deplorables won! Hoping to take the country back in 2020.

Recently my grandfather had to stop smoking and passed down his humidor to me. I noticed some of his cigars had cello and others didn't, that's why I was curious.

So now that I've posted my intro, what else do I have to do to get into a pass?

So first things first most of us deplorables leave politics on the sidelines   :thumbsup:

(edit  I just read ninfictions post about politics)   :rocker:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Kid Montana

First off, leave your politics to Facebook.    We have enough idiots on this site without bringing political opinion into the convo. :D Second, welcome to the site!  Wait until you establish a bit of reputation before you try to get into a pass, trust is an important part.

I'd rather have a cigar...

headfirst

Welcome from Southern California.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

AustinMike

One of the things I really enjoy about this site is the lack of politics.  Let's all keep it that way.

bstessl

Just putting a thumbs up on every post doesn't make you part of the community.  That's a quick way to find yourself ostracized...
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

05Venturer

Another thing is flooding the site with  :bigthumbs: on every post to get post count is pretty weak.
Actual interaction would work better. are you actually old enough to smoke?  :nono:
Kent

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

toby2

Quotebstessl - 4/29/2018  8:38 AM  Just putting a thumbs up on every post doesn't make you part of the community.  That's a quick way to find yourself ostracized...

:thumbsup:

toby2

i've been told to actually write something in this post so i don't turn into an ostrich.

Mautrak

Welcome to the site, Roberto.  As we're a cigar site, what kind of cigars do you enjoy?  What's your favorite cigar?

DonM

Welcome to the site Roberto!

I am one of those "damn deplorables" you speak of as well as Head Curmudgeon here.  Tread lightly on the politics, as it will get you nowhere on this forum

"The Curmudgeon"

Brlesq

Welcome to the site. My favorite Ben & Jerry's flavor is tRUMp Raisen.  Probably not  very popular up in Burlington, but the majority of Americans seem to prefer it. :biggrin:

As for passes. you need to become a regular participating member on our forum and earn some street cred before you'll be invited to participate. This is a great group of people here, but we are not a "cigar pantry" doling out free cigars to those who ask. You've got to make friends first!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

05Venturer

QuoteMautrak - 4/29/2018  9:31 AM

Welcome to the site, Roberto.  As we're a cigar site, what kind of cigars do you enjoy?  What's your favorite cigar?

Sounds like free is his favorite :-0
Kent

Mautrak

:lmao:
I was hoping it would give him a chance to give a cigar-related introduction, win back a few friends, show a better side.  Toss him a softball, essentially.  So far he hasn't taken the opportunity.

klamm143

Welcome from North Carolina...........Nice weather - perfect for softball and grillin' festivities.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

StogieDad

Glad to have you...but pump the brakes a bit man.  As stated, politics is the one sure way to piss somebody off, and around here liberal bleeding hearts are in the minority.  We have much better things to talk about than that, like, oh I don't know, cigars?

It does become quite the brotherhood though, as lots of us have met in person for a cigar and even more have virtual herfs and smoke and bullsh*t the night away.

As for passes, nobody is going to want you in a pass just because you posted 100 times.  Especially if it appears you just want free cigars.  If you really want to do a pass, stick around.  Post to some threads with real material and engage some folks.  Once people like you they are more than willing to give you a chance.  But if that is too much work, this is probably not the place for you.

Enjoy the site, I hope you decide to get to know us.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Beegerply

Welcome to Cigar Geeks from Moline Illinois, enjoy the site   :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

shakinghorizons

Quote05Venturer - 4/29/2018  2:22 PM

QuoteMautrak - 4/29/2018  9:31 AM

It's all about feeling the Bern.

Cap10_Morgan

Quoteshakinghorizons - 4/30/2018  9:48 AM  
Quote05Venturer - 4/29/2018  2:22 PM  
QuoteMautrak - 4/29/2018  9:31 AM  Welcome to the site, Roberto.  As we're a cigar site, what kind of cigars do you enjoy?  What's your favorite cigar?
It's all about feeling the Bern.

:lmao:  :lmao:  :lmao:  

"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

DRuff

Deplorable here. Kiss my a@@

gitfiddl

Welcome to Cigar Geeks, I guess.  Now get off my lawn.  You're blocking my Trump signs!

(I picked a helluva time to check back in... :smoker:  )

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.