It's me!

Started by nathanw13, 05/02/2018 01:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nathanw13

Hi all!

I've been slowly exploring cigars for a few years now, smoking maybe one every couple months (my brother is an avid collector). But I really enjoy them, so I've ordered a sampler or two and started to try to educate myself more on what to look for, how to smoke, and where to buy from (and where not to buy from).

I stumbled in here from reddit - I see you've got a referral points thing going, so if anyone here wants to claim the user name nonfiction_1968, that's how I found the site and the app.

Anyway, it's great to meet all of you! Look forward to sharing and learning with all of you. I'm about to put together a Tupperdor to use until I can spend a little more on a decent humidor. Alabama summer is about to hit, and I don't want my sticks to dry out!
Our country has plenty of five-cent cigars, but the trouble is they charge fifteen cents for them.

Will Rogers

StogieDad

Welcome brother!  I'm in GA these days but the pertinent questions is.....Roll Tide or War Eagle?
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

nathanw13

QuoteStogieDad - 5/2/2018  1:53 PM

Welcome brother!  I'm in GA these days but the pertinent questions is.....Roll Tide or War Eagle?

Roll Tide all day long!! But I'm not anti-Auburn. The only time I'm really rooting against them is when the two play. Otherwise, why not both??
Our country has plenty of five-cent cigars, but the trouble is they charge fifteen cents for them.

Will Rogers

StogieDad

Quotenathanw13 - 5/2/2018  2:57 PM

QuoteStogieDad - 5/2/2018  1:53 PM

Roll Tide all day long!! But I'm not anti-Auburn. The only time I'm really rooting against them is when the two play. Otherwise, why not both??

Good man!

Related image

"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

bstessl

Welcome from NW Indiana!
Smoking cigarettes is a habit, smoking a cigar is an event. - Brad Paisley

Deener27

Welcome from the Chicago area!!!

Hope you enjoy the site (I think you will find it to be a ton of fun here without all the BS).  There are some great resources to learn a ton about your newfound hobby.

Enjoy!!!

:welcome:

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

gitfiddl

Welcome to CG.  Blew the motor in my pickup truck on 65 right in between Birmingham and Montgomery way back in 1983,  Had to pull off in some little town...

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

benchjockey

Welcome from southwest Florida!
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

nathanw13

Quotegitfiddl - 5/2/2018  2:10 PM

Welcome to CG.  Blew the motor in my pickup truck on 65 right in between Birmingham and Montgomery way back in 1983,  Had to pull off in some little town...

There are 3 that come to mind, but you could have landed in my town - although it wasn't mine at the time. I was in historical Selma at the time.

Will Rogers

Brlesq

Glad to have you join us!
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

ninfiction

I stumbled in here from reddit - I see you've got a referral points thing going, so if anyone here wants to claim the user name nonfiction_1968, that's how I found the site and the app.

That's me! Welcome to the group. Kind of a different mix of guys here than reddit and much smaller but the same generosity and love of the leaf.
This is not the admin you're looking for...

gitfiddl

Quotenathanw13 - 5/2/2018  3:23 PM

There are 3 that come to mind, but you could have landed in my town - although it wasn't mine at the time. I was in historical Selma at the time.

Actually, it was down the road in Prattville.  And I was up there a little over a year ago for my sister in law's funeral.  
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Otter

Welcome to the group!
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

shakinghorizons

Welcome to the madhouse sir!

DonM

Welcome from the Sunshine State!

"The Curmudgeon"

05Venturer

Welcome from NW Wisconsin :thumbsup:

I'll be about 1 1/2 hours North of ya in Ohatchee in a few weeks for my oldest grandsons graduation
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

toby2

Cfickter

Welcome to Geeks
Geaux Tigers!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

klamm143

Welcome.........from North Carolina.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

headfirst

Welcome from Southern California!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

Cap10_Morgan

Welcome from Florida.  Go Noles!
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.