$10 Palio cutter

Started by gitfiddl, 05/03/2018 07:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

If you're not particular about the color, CI has a KFC-branded Palio cutter for $9.99.  Even with shipping, it's a pretty good deal on a $25+ cutter.

https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/palio-kentucky-fire-cured-cutter-cutters/1514508/#p-208598
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

shakinghorizons

Not in the market currently - but thanks for the notice!

junglepete

Thanks for the heads up Dave.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Cfickter

Good deal @ $10, not $34 for an unbranded one
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

klamm143

I got one with an order received a few days ago................not bad at all. The slide mechanism was a bit tight (rough) at first but loosened up after several "practice" runs. WELL WORTH the $10.
Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

PETE314

I love the Palio cutters...It is one of, if not THE cleanest cut I have had.  Including Xikar.  Keep your eye on CBid as well.  Some good deals on them there.  Usually starting at or below $4.  They are all of the "branded" versions.  Rocky Patel, La Aroma de Cuba, Camacho...etc.  But I have not seen any difference between them and the original unbranded.  (if anyone else sees a difference, let me know)
I thought I was wrong once....but I was mistaken....

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

gitfiddl

The CAO Palio I got way back in 2013 still works like new.  Remember this thread?  http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=26564.0

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

PETE314

OMG!!!!  I forgot all about FNA!!!  I haven't seen Nathan on here all that much lately...But that was hilarious!!!

What good is it to wear your lucky rocketship underpants if nobody wants to see them????

PETE314

12 hrs left on the Camacho branded Palio on CBid ($6)...Get it while it is HOT  https://www.cigarbid.com/a/palio-cutter-camacho-black/2873809/

gitfiddl

Cigarpage also has the KFC Palio for $10 in their "Below the Fold" section at the bottom.  Ships free, too!

Silverstix

Quotegitfiddl - 5/4/2018  9:19 AM  Cigarpage also has the KFC Palio for $10 in their "Below the Fold" section at the bottom.  Ships free, too!

Free shipping fo' life  :smoker2:  

gitfiddl

Got mine today.  I'm a little bummed it didn't some with a case.  The CAO one I got in 2013 came with a nice leather pouch...

McBryde

I got one of these KFC Palios with an order of KFC's I got at Famous. They are a sharp sharp sharp cutter! Only thing bad about them is if you smoke larger ring guaged cigar, they do not open wider than. Robably a 54 ring guage.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

McBryde

I got one of these KFC Palios with an order of KFC's I got at Famous. They are a sharp sharp sharp cutter! Only thing bad about them is if you smoke larger ring guaged cigar, they do not open wider than. Robably a 54 ring guage.

E
"A man's character is told by what he does when nobody else is around."

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Hot Stuff x

just ordered from Cigarpage, thanks for the tip!   I love free shipping!  I have Xikar in fine working order, but sometimes I can't find it, so it's nice to have a backup just in case.
LES
Guru of Morning Calm and Oriental Wisdom

"You got me started on both the Liberty and the Christian's Blend, Les. Now my kids won't be able to go to college." - Brlesq

frankj1

new owners, haven't heard if the quality has changed

The Burn Ward

Quotegitfiddl - 5/4/2018  7:15 AM

The CAO Palio I got way back in 2013 still works like new.  Remember this thread?  http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=26564.0

mine had a little issue this year with one of the little plastic tabs that slide into each other. I fixed it with a knife but it was a bit of a pain. I used the knife to scalp the cigar too. I pretty much just keep my knives really sharp now for cigar scalping.

c9belayer

I got one a while back for the same price point (Amazon?). It is NOT a 60 ring gauge cutter, if you measure cutters by how big you're cutting a cigar in half. It's maybe a 52 at best. Still, it's very sharp, stiff at first but loosens up, and comfortable in the hand. If you examine it closely, it's really 2 identical halves that come together to make 1 cutter - interesting mechanics; I'd love to see how they're made.
-- c9belayer

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.