A breakthrough moment???

Started by Silverstix, 05/07/2018 09:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silverstix

So I've been serious about this hobby for a couple of years now.  Been buying a bunch of different stuff, taking notes & doing reviews.  Making note of the cigars I like and buying more of those when I see them on sale. Even dabbling a bit into the worl of CC's and having fun with that too.  I wouldn't say that I have the palate to be able to detect coriander or rosemary lol, but I can pick up some key notes here and there.  More importantly, I have smoked enough now to know what I like and what I don't like  :thumbsup:

But, I think I had a major breakthrough moment in my cigar smoking career over the weekend.  I was smoking a Kristoff Kristania Maduro, and it was a great smoke.  I had heard great reviews so I was anxious to try it.  About halfway through, I got this familiar taste..... "I've smoked this before" .....but I haven't smoked this cigar before.  I'm really loving the profile of this one, I know that much.  A few puffs more, I decide to read some reviews and see if I can pick up what the reviewers are getting.

Then I see it - Brazilian Arapiraca Wrapper!!! I do know this taste!!! It's the same wrapper as the Roma Craft Intemperance BA that I loved so much.  Of course!!!  :cheer:

It was really the first time I think I could've smoked this cigar blind and been able to tell you exactly what kind of wrapper it was.  More importantly, it was really the first time that I've made that connection in my brain with a familiar profile from a different cigar that I've smoked in the past.  I'm looking forward now to making some more connections over the summer as I smoke through some more of the stuff I bought over the weekend

FULL ON GEEK ALERT!!!   :loser:  :loser:  :loser:

benchjockey

That's great! I forced myself to write reviews here so, instead of just puffing away, I concentrated on the flavors I was tasting. It's helped me a great deal

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Cfickter

for those who like the BA wrapper the Roma Craft Intemperance BA is a great smoke
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Silverstix

QuoteCfickter - 5/7/2018  1:11 PM  for those who like the BA wrapper the Roma Craft Intemperance BA is a great smoke

It sure is! But don't sleep on the Kristoff Kristania Maduro either, it is an equally tasty cigar.  Plenty of that sweet maduro goodness going on.  My first Kristoff but it won't be my last  

Silverstix

Quotebenchjockey - 5/7/2018  11:31 AM  That's great! I forced myself to write reviews here so, instead of just puffing away, I concentrated on the flavors I was tasting. It's helped me a great deal  

Oh yeah, it has definitely helped me too 

Deener27

It is a fantastic moment, isn't it?  Bstessl and I have had moments of here is a blind cigar to try.  The fun with us is trying to figure out what it is or comprised of and how many cigars that we can compare it to.  Awesome way to figure out what you like and what you want to smoke more of.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

toby2

neat. i've been told the cigar safari has a tasting seminar along those lines. sounds pretty cool.

shakinghorizons

I was at a Davidoff event that had you smoke different parts of the cigar, as a whole cigar (about 5 minutes with each cigar). For example the wrapper was an entire cigar rolled with just the wrapper, the binder cigar was just the binder, etc. Really made your brain kick in to overdrive!

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.