Fuente Fuente Opus X Prefecxion A

Started by tvolball, 05/11/2018 01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tvolball

Local B&M got a box of these. Unfortunately I only got 1 of the 20. Now I'll probably just sit and look at it for 5 years
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

ninfiction

Sounds about right. I do that with pretty much any cigar I deem "special". So dumb.

Someone should run a contest to smoke the "unicorns",,,even then I probably wouldn't though
This is not the admin you're looking for...

shakinghorizons

Quotetvolball - 5/11/2018  12:58 PM

Local B&M got a box of these. Unfortunately I only got 1 of the 20. Now I'll probably just sit and look at it for 5 years

That's honestly your best option, unless you enjoy Full+

shakinghorizons

Quoteninfiction - 5/11/2018  1:13 PM

Sounds about right. I do that with pretty much any cigar I deem "special". So dumb.

Someone should run a contest to smoke the "unicorns",,,even then I probably wouldn't though

I have smoked enough "unicorns" and been let down so many times that I don't deem anything "off limits" anymore. And why wait to smoke something (not talking about aging)? You don't know if you'll wake up tomorrow!

ninfiction

Quoteshakinghorizons - 5/11/2018  2:19 PM

Quoteninfiction - 5/11/2018  1:13 PM

I have smoked enough "unicorns" and been let down so many times that I don't deem anything "off limits" anymore. And why wait to smoke something (not talking about aging)? You don't know if you'll wake up tomorrow!

Excellent point, still won't make me smoke em. I'll just keep "aging" them  :biggrin:
This is not the admin you're looking for...

MusicCity

tvolball

"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

toby2

Quoteninfiction - 5/11/2018  3:13 PM  Sounds about right. I do that with pretty much any cigar I deem "special".

me too. i like collecting them. whatever gets you off, right? i'm with Colin as far as being let down. and AF has the best spin IMO. i used to really enjoy running stuff down but not anymore. 

now i do try and get certain regional releases whenever i can  from down south a bit....  :angel:

Cap10_Morgan

Nice!  Hope you don't wait too long.
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

shakinghorizons

Quotetoby2 - 5/11/2018  6:53 PM

Quoteninfiction - 5/11/2018  3:13 PM  Sounds about right. I do that with pretty much any cigar I deem "special".

me too. i like collecting them. whatever gets you off, right? i'm with Colin as far as being let down. and AF has the best spin IMO. i used to really enjoy running stuff down but not anymore. 

now i do try and get certain regional releases whenever i can  from down south a bit....  :angel:

You don't say....... :whistle:

Cfickter

that is a good debate, we all understand a cigars flavors can improve over time, but when is that right time or better yet is there a bad time to light up a good cigar?
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Silverstix

In my business, we call this mental masturbation....  

Aging/resting and allowing a strong stick like the Opus to mellow is one thing.  But beyond that it kind of comes down to your own personal OCD or lack thereof.  Mental masturbation.  I've found that cigar smoking is more about your mood and environment than anything else - if you're in a good mood, feeling well, and hanging outside on a beautiful day with good people, it all influences your experience.  From what I've seen and done, holding onto a "special" cigar is a 100% mental thing.....you're gonna wait and smoke it on a great day, maybe at a special time either with friends or celebrating something special, so it's probably gonna be a better smoking experience.  A lot of that is mental influence.  

On the flip side, I've sometimes let myself down with the build up and anticipation of smoking something GREAT and it turns out to just be an ok cigar.  Had I just smoked it without thinking about it, I might have been fine with it.  But waiting for 5 years, staring at it in my humidor, waiting for the "right" time, you can sometimes outkick the coverage and set it up to fail.

Having said all that....it's all about whatever blows your hair back!!!  :smoker2:

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.