Not a Flavored or Infused Guy

Started by Koop, 05/12/2018 03:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Koop

Last night I tried a Tabak Especial Toro Dulce. It tasted like a cup of blonde coffee with two heaping spoonfuls of sugar. I was halfway through it before I could taste the tobacco. I guess I'm not a flavored or infused cigar kind of guy.

Mautrak

tvolball

I've tried a 3 or 4 and there not my favorites. Best one I ever had was a Acid Cold Tea Infused.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

jagfandaddy

Same here, not a fan. I want a cigar not a Swisher Sweets!
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

benchjockey

I don't have any desire to ever try one.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Rebecca Silverwolf

I like infused cigars, but I tried more than one before arriving at my conclusion. First one I ever had was a CAO flavor, which was really gross. There are a lot of different flavor profiles for infused cigars, and there are several that aren't sweet tipped, which might be more to your liking. Or not. Smoke what appeals to you, that's my take.
"Well, we may not have parted on the best of terms. I realize certain words were exchanged. Also certain... bullets."

"If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

-Captain Malcolm Reynolds

DonM

The only one I have really liked is the Tabak Especial Redeye but isn't your average infused cigar

"The Curmudgeon"

Bsamiam

Even cigars with sugar glue on cap can be a bit much.

05Venturer

QuoteDonM - 5/13/2018  5:47 AM

The only one I have really liked is the Tabak Especial Redeye but isn't your average infused cigar

Agreed on the Redeye, great with a cup of coffee in the morning.

I also usually keep a few Acid Kuba Kubas in a jaridor for my once in a while craving.
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

toby2

the Tabak Especial Shots were pretty good with a coffee when they were available. haven't had one in years though.

c9belayer

That's the one... the RedEye... my standard order at Starbucks.  :rocker:

-- c9belayer

StogieDad

Never liked Acids, but there have been a few coffee flavored infusions I have had that weren't terrible.  Seems if I remember correctly though it was harder to find the coffee in the good ones, more like just a decent cigar.  Certainly not something I seek out.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

Beegerply

I liked the Kuba Kuba but have not had one in years   :biggrin:
Byron

Guru of small balls and big sticks
--------------------------------------------------

"If there are no cigars in heaven I shall not go" Mark Twain

Brlesq

QuoteBeegerply - 5/14/2018  11:38 AM

I liked the Kuba Kuba but have not had one in years   :biggrin:

Yeah, in DOG years!   :lmao:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

gitfiddl

The Tabak Especiales are like smoking a bowl of Cocoa Puffs.  I enjoy them when I'm in the mood.  I also like the Kuba Kubas.  They remind me of the Al Stewart lyric from "Year of the Cat": "She came in incense and patchouli..."  The Opulence 3 line is also very good.  The first one I tried caught me off guard, as I wasn't expecting it to be infused.    

As for the CAO Flavours line, they were actually what got me back into cigars.  I was playing a gig down at the Conch House in St. Augustine one Saturday afternoon way back in 2008, I think.  The Conch house used to have a small, but respectable selection of cigars in a humidor in the lounge.  A CAO rep happened to be there that Saturday, handing out samples.  I'd been talking with him during breaks and he'd given me a couple.  We finished our gig at 7pm, and were tearing down about the same time the CAO guy was packing up.  He came over, dropped a few bills in the tip jar and handed me a box of left-over single cigars, mostly Flavours petite coronas, but there were also several traditional CAO cigars.  The Moontrance has become my favorite of the Flavours.  The others are all pretty good, too, with the exception of the Cherry Bomb, which tastes like cough syrup.

Infused cigars aren't for everyone.  My suggestion to those who would like to try them is to stick to robustos or smaller.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.