$5 Sampler from Cigars International and a Question

Started by emilyrosado, 05/25/2018 02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

emilyrosado

The deal is called "5 Vegas 5-Star Torpedo Sampler" and it was $4.99 with free shipping.

www.cigarsinternational.com/cidsa106

I wish I had come here first (found the other one on a deal site), because I also got the Holt's sampler farther down on the forum. I'm trying to fill a humidor for Father's day since dad's always wanted one but could never pull the trigger on it, since he didn't want to pay to fill it. My question is, are both these sampler packs good enough? Because if so, I was just going to have my sister order both of them again so that the humidor is halfway full (I couldn't buy more than one of either). If not, I figure I'll swing by the store to pick up 5 Romeo Julietas (those are the only ones I remember that he smokes).

Maybe I'm approaching this all wrong, also, I have no idea.

Sorry if I'm in the wrong place.

nathanw13

I can't speak for the 5 Vegas myself, but the Holt's deal is well worth the price - I've got one in the mail myself. And I don't know if I'd fill the humidor or not... maybe find one more 5 pack that's more expensive to give him a good variety, then leave him room to start adding once he gets a handle on what he really likes.

If you're sold on filling it though, that Holt's deal really is a good one.
Our country has plenty of five-cent cigars, but the trouble is they charge fifteen cents for them.

Will Rogers

headfirst

How big is the humidor you bought him?  I would agree with Nathan it's better not to fill it up, leaves him room to shop for himself.
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

headfirst

When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

gitfiddl

The 5 Vegas sampler is a great deal on some really decent cigars.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Brlesq

Whatever you choose, good on you for treating your Dad on Fathers Day!  :bigthumbs: Any dad that smokes cigars would be thrilled with such a gift.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

emilyrosado

This is what I get for not checking my email over the weekend... I totally missed that JR Cigar deal.

But I think I'm gonna go with your advice and just grab him a 5-Pack of the Romeo Julietas. The humidor's supposed to fit 50 cigars, so 20 should be enough for now, right? My hope is that he'll be so excited that he goes out right away to buy some stuff to put in it anyway lmao!

Cfickter

Quoteemilyrosado - 5/29/2018  12:47 PM  This is what I get for not checking my email over the weekend... I totally missed that JR Cigar deal.  But I think I'm gonna go with your advice and just grab him a 5-Pack of the Romeo Julietas. The humidor's supposed to fit 50 cigars, so 20 should be enough for now, right? My hope is that he'll be so excited that he goes out right away to buy some stuff to put in it anyway lmao!

You should be good.  The will rate humidor capacity on smaller cigars, so if you are buying toros or even robustos it will fill nicely, 

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.