2018 Camacho Liberty Distribution

Started by wescat, 05/30/2018 12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wescat

Hello Geeks.

I just received notification from David at egars.com that the 2018 Camacho Liberty's are shipping in 12 days.

The 2018 Liberty is being marketed as a "throwback" to the 2005 Liberty, one of my all time favorite cigars. They are supposedly using the same blend as the 2005 Liberty.

Who wants in ??

For those new to CG, I've done this for a few years now. You can check my feedback to gauge how I deal with BOTL as well as these thread links:

2017 Distribution: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=46808.0

2016 Distribution: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=42793.0

2015 Distribution: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=33824.0

2014 Distribution: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=29132.0

2013 Distribution: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=19418.0

2012 Distribution: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=14622.0

2011 Distribution: http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?topic=9774.0

Dav1doff/Cama(ho did a price increase this year; our price will be $15.75 each. And yes, if you buy a full box of 20 cigars, you do get the chest. 

Distribution will be the same as last year: orders, payment and shipping will be done directly by placing your order on the egars.com web site.

egars.com standard shipping rates shall apply: free shipping on orders over $200, $9 shipping on orders under $200. 

Detailed ordering instructions will be emailed to all participants by me, when the cigars are on hand at egars.com

egars.com will again be sponsoring this years Geek Critique of the 2018 Camacho Liberty, so 5 of the participants in this box split will be selected as Geek Critique'ers, and get an extra (free) Liberty along with their order, for the Geek Critique.

**When responding please use this format, in this thread** 

**Yes I'm in, put me down for XX cigars** 

**I am/am not interested in being a Geek Critique reviewer** 

-----NOTE----> If you are participating, you must PM me your email address, because the ordering instructions will be sent to you via email. Even if you have given me you address at some point in the past. It could have changed, no?

Cigars should be on hand at egars.com in about 2 weeks.

And a big THANK YOU to David and egars.com for getting the Geeks a great deal on these cigars, and for AGAIN sponsoring a Geek Critique of the 2018 Camacho Liberty. 

Y'all Enjoy the Tobacco.

The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Cfickter

Kevin, thanks once again for doing this.  Interesting that they are going back to the '05.  Certainly one of the best ones from past releases
So that being said

Yes I am in, put me down for 5 cigars
Yes, I am in interested in being a critique reviewer

PM sent
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

wescat

QuoteCfickter - 5/30/2018  3:26 PM

Kevin, thanks once again for doing this.  Interesting that they are going back to the '05.  Certainly one of the best ones from past releases
So that being said

Yes I am in, put me down for 5 cigars
Yes, I am in interested in being a critique reviewer

PM sent
Got ya down for 5 Chuck, yes to the GC, most excellent and Thank You.

I'm told that the chest has a similar paint scheme as the 2005, I'll add the pic to my original post as soon as I get it.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

ninfiction

Yes, I'm in for 5

Yes, I'd be down to critique.....but I did it last year so let the other guys do it if you get 5
This is not the admin you're looking for...

wescat

Quoteninfiction - 5/30/2018  3:50 PM

Yes, I'm in for 5

Yes, I'd be down to critique.....but I did it last year so let the other guys do it if you get 5
Got it, Thanks Brian.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Cfickter

Quoteninfiction - 5/30/2018  1:50 PM  Yes, I'm in for 5  Yes, I'd be down to critique.....but I did it last year so let the other guys do it if you get 5

I just looked back and I did the 2013 & 2015, so i would step back if you want to spread the wealth, otherwise very happy to do it

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

mpurtle01

Yes I am in, put me down for 5 cigars.  

I am not interested in being a Geek Critique reviewer.

DonM

I am good for 5

I am interested in doing a review, but I have done 2 already. 2013, 2016.

"The Curmudgeon"

nirab

I'm in for 3. I've got 2 boxes coming into the shop, but I've gotta leave some for our customers!

No review request for me, no time, and I've done a few in the past.

Thanks Kevin!  :biggrin:
The Punk Rock Guru of Meditation and Lending a Hand

DON'T believe EVERYTING you THINK...
it's COOL to Be a GEEK!

''Any time you have an opportunity to make a difference in this world and you don't, then you are wasting your time on Earth.''-Roberto Clemente

"When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That is my religion." - Abraham Lincoln

"It is possible to live happily in the here and now. So many conditions of happiness are available - more than enough for you to be happy right now." -

Thich Nhat Hanh

"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments, and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."

The Cigar Vault
512-361-3289
in Beeuudaful Buda, Texas!

wescat

Chuck, Brian, Matt, Don, Brian, got it.

GeekOrder isWants to do GC ??
cficter5Yes
ninfiction5Yes
mpurtle015No
DonM5Yes
nirab3No
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

DonM

Thank you for putting this on Kevin!  I am surprised more aren't jumping in on the opportunity to scoop some of these up

What you waiting for :confused:

"The Curmudgeon"

wescat

QuoteDonM - 5/31/2018  8:17 PM

Thank you for putting this on Kevin!  I am surprised more aren't jumping in on the opportunity to scoop some of these up

What you waiting for :confused:

AND, they are supposed to be duplicating the 2005 Liberty. Which was a delicious cigar...........

Read:     http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigars;area=showcig;cigar_id=30103&t=Camacho_Liberty_2005

Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Cap10_Morgan

When is the deadline?  I am "working on it", lol.  I'm most likely in for either a 5er or a full box.  (Working on the full box)
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Gustoff

I'm in for a solid 5er. I'm interested in doing the review.

Thanks! 

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter."
 ~Ernest Hemingway

wescat

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 5/31/2018  11:54 PM

When is the deadline?  I am "working on it", lol.  I'm most likely in for either a 5er or a full box.  (Working on the full box)
The deadline for the first round of orders is 6/7/2018. Just realize that production is less this year that most, so it is possible that they're all gone by the time late orders drift in.

IMO, this is a very good year to pick up a full box. Go for it dude.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Cap10_Morgan

Quotewescat - 6/2/2018  11:09 AM  
QuoteCap10_Morgan - 5/31/2018  11:54 PM  When is the deadline?  I am "working on it", lol.  I'm most likely in for either a 5er or a full box.  (Working on the full box)
The deadline for the first round of orders is 6/7/2018. Just realize that production is less this year that most, so it is possible that they're all gone by the time late orders drift in.  IMO, this is a very good year to pick up a full box. Go for it dude.
Thanks!  Gives me a few more days to work on the wife and explain why I need the whole box, lol.  Will let you know within a few days.  Thanks for doing this!
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

ThinBlueLine

Yes I am in put me down for 5 cigars.
No review

Thanks Kevin!!!
I enjoy romantic walks to my humidors...

wescat

Current stats.

GeekOrder isWants to do GC ??Email PM ??
PETE3145NoYes
cficter5YesYes
ninfiction5YesYes
mpurtle015NoYes
DonM5YesYes
nirab3NoYes
tfkirk3NoNo
Cap10 Morgan5??No
Gustoff5YesYes
ThinBlueLine5NoYes
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

wescat

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 6/2/2018  3:55 PM

Quotewescat - 6/2/2018  11:09 AM  
QuoteCap10_Morgan - 5/31/2018  11:54 PM  When is the deadline?  I am "working on it", lol.  I'm most likely in for either a 5er or a full box.  (Working on the full box)
The deadline for the first round of orders is 6/7/2018. Just realize that production is less this year that most, so it is possible that they're all gone by the time late orders drift in.  IMO, this is a very good year to pick up a full box. Go for it dude.
  Thanks!  Gives me a few more days to work on the wife and explain why I need the whole box, lol.  Will let you know within a few days.  Thanks for doing this!
I spoke to her, she is down with you buying a full box. She said go ahead and buy two full boxes, if that's what you want to do.    :bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

jharrisx5

I'll be buying three of these...

Absolutely interested in doing a review of my favorite cigars!
Puff Puff Give....

Vroomp

Thanks again for doing this Kevin~!  Put me down for a box please~!\

No review time........

Guru of Not Following the Rules

Cigar smoking knows no politics. It's about the pursuit of pleasure, taste, and aroma. -Anon

When you are dead, you don't know that you are dead. It is difficult only for the others.
It is the same when you are stupid....

wescat

QuoteVroomp - 6/4/2018  9:23 AM

Thanks again for doing this Kevin~!  Put me down for a box please~!\

No review time........

Done, man bought a box !!!!!
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Cap10_Morgan

Ok, I'm in for a box.  And yeah, I'd be down for the critique.

wescat

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 6/5/2018  10:15 PM

Ok, I'm in for a box.  And yeah, I'd be down for the critique.
Done, man bought a box !!!!!
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

wescat

Current stats. Who else is considering getting in?

GeekOrder isWants to do GC ??Email PM ??
PETE3145NoYes
cficter5YesYes
ninfiction5YesYes
mpurtle015NoYes
DonM5YesYes
nirab3NoYes
tfkirk3NoYes
Cap10 Morgan20YesYes
Gustoff5YesYes
ThinBlueLine5NoYes
jharrisx53YesYes
Vroomp20NoYes
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.