May 31st - International Enjoy a Cigar Day

Started by Cfickter, 05/31/2018 06:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

Cigar Rights of America (CRA, www.cigarrights.org) and Cigar Rights of Europe (CRE, www.cigarrightsof europe.com) have agreed to use this instrument and have proclaimed May 31, 2018, the „ 1st International Enjoy a Cigar Day“. 

On this day, both consumer organizations want to draw attention to the following: 

• that the cigar is a luxury product, enjoyed by discerning adults as an indulgence, not a habit; [/li]
  • that each premium cigar is a natural product;[/li]
  • that the enjoyment of cigars can contribute to one’s personal wellbeing by offering moments of solace, contemplation and fellowship;[/li]
  • that premium cigars, versus other tobacco products such as cigarettes, should not be treated the same way by law;[/li]
  • that patrons of cigars, and producers and sellers of cigars contribute to their communities, support charities, and believe in the right to personal freedom; [/li]
  • that thousands of jobs are maintained in agriculture, industry, and commerce (above all in countries that need support);[/li]
  • that cigar patrons believe they should have the option to enjoy a cigar where they are welcome. Private property owners, be it retail tobacconists or establishments in the hospitality sector, should have the liberty to set their own rules for the enjoyment of cigars, not governmental bodies that have alternative agendas; [/li]
  • that cigar culture should be assigned world heritage status. [/li][/list]
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Kid Montana

Well, if its the right thing to do, I am compelled to follow suit!

I'd rather have a cigar...

Brlesq

QuoteCfickter - 5/31/2018  7:47 AM

Sorry I didn't get you a card!

:lmao:  :lmao:

Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

nathanw13

I really want to enjoy one tonight, but I've been fighting a sinus infection and my taste buds are shot. Somebody light one up for me!
Our country has plenty of five-cent cigars, but the trouble is they charge fifteen cents for them.

Will Rogers

klamm143

Quotenathanw13 - 5/31/2018  2:46 PM  I really want to enjoy one tonight, but I've been fighting a sinus infection and my taste buds are shot. Somebody light one up for me!

WE.....will all light up several for you - no problem - glad we can help you out.........  :thumbsup:

Kevin R. Lamm

It is what it is - and these things too shall pass. It may pass like a kidney stone - but IT WILL PASS.

xjking

-Denis-

benchjockey

Celebrated the day with two good ones.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

appollo

Enjoying a stick right now,after all it is the day. :-)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.