What in the world? Conspiracy?

Started by gitfiddl, 05/31/2018 06:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

So I ordered the 10-pack of Boutique Blends La Boheme Pittores. Boutique Blends is out of Miami, came out of the demise of the Habana Cuba Cigar Company, produces Aging Room, Swag, Oliveros among others.  Rafael Nodal (not the tennis player) seems to be at the helm.  They've got guys like Perdomo, Plasencia, Jose Blanco et al involved in production at various degrees.  Last year, Boutique Blends reportedly entered into a deal with Altadis for distribution and marketing.  So we've got all these major players involved.  Would someone explain to me how I got cigars today from CI with Thompson labels on them?      :-0  :-0
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Deener27

A company called Swedish Match bought a controlling stake in CI on or around 2008(?).  A few years later, they formed Scandinavian Tobacco as a conglomerate of all their tobacco businesses.  STI has a controlling stake in CI and then purchased Thompson on February 1st of this year.  

Looks like they are using stock from either sales platform to fill orders.  Since you are in Florida, it might be much quicker to full-fill your order from the Tampa warehouse.

"Sometimes you eat the bear, and sometimes the bear, well, he eats you." The Stranger

"Judge Smails: You know, you should play with Dr. Beeper and myself. I mean, he's been club champion for three years running and I'm no slouch myself.

"You may run like Mays, but you hit like !@#$." ~Lou Brown in Major League

"Looks like you have El Hosel, the laterals—you know, the S-word" ~ Romeo in Tin Cup

Brlesq

The only difference is now you are going to get the Thompson affiliated spam from life insurance companies, magazine sales and ___ of the month clubs!  :biggrin:
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

junglepete

Wow...who would have thought it. Good to know.
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

gitfiddl

I sent CI a message via their customer service link.  I'll let y'all know the reply, if any.  The curious thing is that Thompson appears to sell them by the 6-pack, instead of 5...
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

shakinghorizons

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.