Hello From Bourbon Country

Started by Chefjohn, 06/01/2018 12:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chefjohn

Hi all. My name is John. I am a New Yorker that now lives in Louisville KY. I am a retired chef that now spends my days listening to blues, sipping bourbon, and cooking BBQ. I have always enjoyed the occasional cigar but am now wanting to get a bit more serious about it and am anxious to learn all I can. I look forward to the fellowship here and greatly looking forward to chatting with you all.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

benchjockey

Welcome aboard from southwest Florida, John. I share your love of the blues. As you've already learned there are plenty of knowledgeable Geeks willing to answer all questions.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Chefjohn

I have found that Bench. Everyone has been very warm and welcoming. I had been to another site where I pretty much got berated for asking a basic question. I gues some folks are born with a vast knowledge of the cigar world. I m not one of them and I'm thankful there is a site like this where I can ask questions and learn.

benchjockey

We all have been in your position, John.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Brlesq

Glad to have you join us, John!  What part of NY did you come from?  I'm in Albany
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

gitfiddl

Welcome to Cigar Geeks, John!  There are plenty of helpful folks around here to help you down the rabbit hole...

:welcome:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Camshaft83

Welcome to CG John. Have a great time on the site. I know I have. Don't be afraid to ask for advice, but do try to search the site a bit as someone has probably already asked your question in the past. Get involved in a few passes and maybe even jump on a google herf at night. Personally don't do them myself but it's not from not wanting to.  :smoker:
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Chefjohn

appollo

Welcome from Nova Scotia.Great site here.So you can be the go to guy on our cooking questions. :-)

appollo

Another wood to the wise,some folks around here have a habit of sending out bombs to newebs.To do so we all need a address.Just saying.

toby2

Chefjohn

What is a bomb and where would I add my address?

appollo

QuoteChefjohn - 6/1/2018  5:51 PM

What is a bomb and where would I add my address?
Add your address in your profile.A bomb is a group of sticks sent out to another member who has no idea they are being sent until they take the mail box out.The group here is notorious for it. :-)

Cap10_Morgan

Welcome from Jacksonville, FL.  Sounds like you have are having quite a nice time in KY.  Blues, bourbon, BBQ and cigars?  What else does anyone need??  Enjoy!
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Chefjohn

Man after my own heart cap. Thank you for the warm welcome

Chefjohn

DonM

Welcome from the Nature Coast, enjoy the ride!

"The Curmudgeon"

Kid Montana

Welcome!  We expect pictures of exquisite BBQ posted on the regular!

I'd rather have a cigar...

Chefjohn

I promise I will Kid once I figure out how to do it.

jagfandaddy

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Mautrak

Bourbon, BBQ, and cigars?  Oh, you'll fit right in around here.  Welcome!

amigodecigars

welcome from Costa Rica from another blues,bourbon,bbq brother of the leaf.  I listen to xpn.org online, from Philly.  Blues Sat. night from 7pm to midnight, 

Coming Up On  The Blues Show  June 2, 2018:[/size]

More new blues from The Keeshea Pratt Band, winner of this year's International Blues Challenge produced by The Blues Foundation in Memphis.      http://xpn.org/xpn-programs/blues-show

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

Kid Montana

QuoteChefjohn - 6/1/2018  4:15 PM

I promise I will Kid once I figure out how to do it.

I created an imgur.com profile and upload stuff there.  Then I have to resort to html tags to embed in a post and width=600 modifiers to keep it from being huge on the screen.  
"

I'd rather have a cigar...

Cfickter

Welcome from Pittsburgh. Been here a few years and made some great friends by far the best of the cigar forums
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cfickter

You will also have to to try a Google Hangouts herf. Chance to smoke on line with some great guys. Go to the events forum and see the first thread
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.