Cigar Rights of America just lost my support

Started by Cfickter, 06/01/2018 02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cfickter

I am an active twitter user, and I follow the CRA.  I just saw that they liked the Tweet below. See just below the header the ID of the original sender.  I did click on the like line to confirm it was the CRA.  I was just about to renew my membership, forget it now
I don't have to support an organization like this.

I removed my CRA number from the profile, I assume it might take overnight to remove t he badge

z 

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Cfickter

Just to be fair, I emailed the CRA on the above and to their credit less that 40 mins I heard back
But this doesn't just happen, it takes an individual either by accident or intent

Chuck:
We have no idea how this occurred, and verified through our staff that no one "liked" such a tweet on this end. We have taken immediate steps to block and remove, hoping this addresses the matter. We certainly do not want any association with any such comments or narrative.
We regret this occurred, though it seems to be the hazard of this social media era we live in.  
Glynn

J. Glynn Loope, Executive Director
Cigar Rights of America

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Silverstix

the hazard of this social media era we live in - where computers uncontrollably turn on, create a twitter account on behalf of an organization, and like inflammatory tweets all on their own.  The robots are taking over!!!

appollo

QuoteSilverstix - 6/1/2018  5:20 PM

the hazard of this social media era we live in - where computers uncontrollably turn on, create a twitter account on behalf of an organization, and like inflammatory tweets all on their own.  The robots are taking over!!!
I am not much of a computer guy,but that is possible isn't it for some computer person to do this.Just wondereing. :-0

gitfiddl

That Middle Age Riot guy seems to be a real piece of work. http://www.middleageriot.com/  Maybe he needs to meet Roseanne Barr...   :-0
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

DonM

Not very good PR for CRA, and based on that tweet, I wouldn't renew either.  

You can bashTrump all you want, he has done more positive for this country than Obummer did in 8 years

"The Curmudgeon"

Kid Montana

This sounds like someone who has access to the CRA's twitter feed wasn't paying attention to which account they were logged in.  Associating with that sort of comment is hilarious for a private person, but appalling for a public organization, and I think you're probably over-reacting to a goofup.  Its unlikely the CRA is pivoting into a whole new realm of political discourse.

I'd rather have a cigar...

toby2

getting hacked is just part of everday life anymore. at least once a year we get a call or email our data has been stolen. several alteady this year.

Cap10_Morgan

QuoteKid Montana - 6/1/2018  6:25 PM  This sounds like someone who has access to the CRA's twitter feed wasn't paying attention to which account they were logged in.  Associating with that sort of comment is hilarious for a private person, but appalling for a public organization, and I think you're probably over-reacting to a goofup.  Its unlikely the CRA is pivoting into a whole new realm of political discourse.
This is my thought exactly.  I always try to remember one person's opinion doesn't always speak for an entire company.  Especially when it comes to social media.  I'm sure the person responsible will be reprimanded (and probably quite severely). 
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

Cfickter

QuoteCap10_Morgan - 6/1/2018  7:10 PM  
QuoteKid Montana - 6/1/2018  6:25 PM  This sounds like someone who has access to the CRA's twitter feed wasn't paying attention to which account they were logged in.  Associating with that sort of comment is hilarious for a private person, but appalling for a public organization, and I think you're probably over-reacting to a goofup.  Its unlikely the CRA is pivoting into a whole new realm of political discourse.
This is my thought exactly.  I always try to remember one person's opinion doesn't always speak for an entire company.  Especially when it comes to social media.  I'm sure the person responsible will be reprimanded (and probably quite severely). 

No one person's opinion does not necessarily represent the organization but this was under their banner. I felt Thier answer seemed half assed. 

Glynn

After a review yesterday, we can assure you that CRA did not "like" that tweet. We have no idea how it occurred short of a hacking, and immediately deleted and blocked.
With our extensive work with the President's Administration, it would defy logic to engage with such a communication.
I hope that explains this matter.
Glynn

Glynn Loope, Executive Director
Cigar Rights of America

toby2

05Venturer

QuoteGlynn - 6/2/2018  12:16 PM

After a review yesterday, we can assure you that CRA did not "like" that tweet. We have no idea how it occurred short of a hacking, and immediately deleted and blocked.
With our extensive work with the President's Administration, it would defy logic to engage with such a communication.
Glynn

Cigar Rights of America

:bigthumbs:  :bigthumbs:

Thank You
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

ninfiction

QuoteGlynn - 6/2/2018  12:16 PM

Glynn

Cigar Rights of America

Thanks for the update Glynn, and welcome to the community!
This is not the admin you're looking for...

Glynn

Glad to chime in anytime that we can. I'll try to check in, preferably on better topics....haha, answer questions and provide information on the issues of the day with The Politics of Cigars.

gitfiddl

My honest take is that someone inadvertently clicked the "like" button.  I don't know how Twitter works (I'm not a twit), or how many folks at CRA have access to their account, but I know it's easy enough to click the wrong button by mistake.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.