Some more good news!

Started by gitfiddl, 06/01/2018 04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitfiddl

For those that have been following my occasional posts about my wife's illness, the docs have finally decided that the root of her liver issues is Hepatitis C.  It has been dormant in her for years.  The thinking is that she contracted the virus through her first husband, who was an IV drug user, among other things.  We knew she had it, but it had always been sort of under the medical radar of her doctors until recently.  They did some full-tilt boogie bloodwork in the last month or so and decided they needed to focus on it.  The doctor prescribed her some relatively new kick-butt medicine, but insurance companies don't like to cover it  The prescribed 12-week regimen costs something like $26,000 at "retail".  There was some dickering and bickering, but finally the insurance company caved, and the meds were approved.  Through our insurance and a CVS Pharmacy program, our co-pay for the meds is a whopping $15, spread out over the 12 weeks into three $5 payments!

And if this seems a little too private to some of the newer Geeks, well, we warned you that this is a family around here.  

:biggrin:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

DonM

Good news!  Hope the bride is going in a good direction and recovering

"The Curmudgeon"

benchjockey

Great news! Sounds like your wife is on the road to recovery.
You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

Brlesq

Best wishes to your wife on this treatment finally fixin' what's not working.
Bruce
Chief Enabler 
Guru of Decorum & Sarcasm

Hey! How come Habana is written on here with a Sharpie ?!?

A day without whiskey is like . . . just kidding, I have no idea!

appollo

great news.I hope everything turns out well.

Camshaft83

That is great news. And the insurance stepping up and all you have to pay is 15 bucks! Big win. Best wishes to your wife's speedy recovery with the new meds.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Cap10_Morgan

Great news!  Very happy to hear!  Congrats to you and the Mrs.  Now go smoke a good cigar to celebrate! :dancing:
"A good cigar is like a beautiful chick with a great body who also knows the American League box scores." -Klinger, M*A*S*H

jagfandaddy

Dave, that's some good news there!
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Mautrak

That is fabulous news.

toby2

i read about that newer drug. what a Godsend. happy to hear insurance has taken the heat.  illness is such a drain on life. glad to hear you both will be back to your thing very soon!

tvolball

Wow, how about that. $26k to $15. What a rip off from the drug companies. Away good luck with your wife.
"Keep your friends close and your enemies closer"

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.