Apple Apps

Started by jagfandaddy, 06/02/2018 09:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jagfandaddy

OK, so I know Apple is trying to be all nice and proper with their apps, so riddle me this: Why is it I can't get the Geeks app but there are plenty of cigar related apps still to be had. Boy is that just wrong. Yes, It's my choice to have an Apple device but double standards suck! :hitme:
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

Chefjohn

I experienced the same frustration when I went to look for the app. On the plus side it did result in my finding this site and group. There's always a bit of sun behind the clouds.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

c9belayer

Who can we write to to complain about this?
-- c9belayer

jagfandaddy

Quotec9belayer - 6/2/2018  7:58 PM

Who can we write to to complain about this?

I don't think it would do any good as the founder of Cigar Aficionado wrote a letter to Apple to no avail
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

c9belayer

I will therefore do only what I can do: Buy a Samsung when this iPhone wears out. And then tell all my friends exactly why.
-- c9belayer

Cfickter

A few comments
Yes, Apple's App policy sucks and it shuts down apps at a whim while keeping apps like (inject personal beliefs here) Planned Parenthood alive (ironic use of words).  You will see smoking apps still hanging around and that is generally because they have not been updated.  Once a new version is released then they will kill the app, but they seem to still allow fixes.
But, I don't let one app make the decision for choosing a phone.
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

05Venturer

QuoteCfickter - 6/4/2018  8:49 AM

A few comments
Yes, Apple's App policy sucks and it shuts down apps at a whim while keeping apps like (inject personal beliefs here) Planned Parenthood alive (ironic use of words).  You will see smoking apps still hanging around and that is generally because they have not been updated.  Once a new version is released then they will kill the app, but they seem to still allow fixes.
But, I don't let one app make the decision for choosing a phone.

And don't let one social media liked post kill the CRA  LOL  :shy:  :whistle:  :smoker2:  :lmao:
Kent
 Guru of Cynicism & Cigars

"Pump the brakes; you take your shirt off but leave your sunglasses on?" "What sort of backwards !@#$ing pageantry is that?" "You going to fight with those shades or play pokerstars.com?"

Cfickter

Quote05Venturer - 6/4/2018  10:42 AM  
QuoteCfickter - 6/4/2018  8:49 AM  A few comments Yes, Apple's App policy sucks and it shuts down apps at a whim while keeping apps like (inject personal beliefs here) Planned Parenthood alive (ironic use of words).  You will see smoking apps still hanging around and that is generally because they have not been updated.  Once a new version is released then they will kill the app, but they seem to still allow fixes. But, I don't let one app make the decision for choosing a phone.
And don't let one social media liked post kill the CRA  LOL  :shy:  :whistle:  :smoker2:  :lmao:

That is why I only use frag grenades
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

Silverstix

Whats the deal with Tapatalk?  Is it possible for Cigar Geeks to interface there?  I know other cigar forums are hooked up with them

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.