Just Wanted To Share

Started by Chefjohn, 06/02/2018 11:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chefjohn

I just wanted to share with you guys that I have purchased my first humidor. It's a small desktop that will hold around 25 sticks. After chatting with several folks here I was considering going the tupperdor route but my amazing wife said she wanted me to have something a little nicer than that (who am I to argue). I am truly excited as I begin this amazing journey and I hope you'll permit me to share it with you. Thanks to everyone's patience and advice with the newbie questions. I do so appreciate your guidance.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

headfirst

Won't be long before you'll be needing a tupperdor anyway if you stick around these parts!
When I have found intense pain relieved, a weary brain soothed, and calm, refreshing sleep obtained by a cigar, I have felt grateful to God, and have blessed His name...
-Charles Spurgeon

http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=humidors;area=public;member=headfirst

jagfandaddy

"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

gitfiddl

And so it begins...

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

Chefjohn

gitfiddl

John, I started out with this:
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

gitfiddl

Chefjohn

So that's what my future holds? Maybe I should start buttering the Mrs up now.

gitfiddl

QuoteChefjohn - 6/2/2018  1:52 PM

So that's what my future holds? Maybe I should start buttering the Mrs up now.

That's probably a very smart move!  And pick up some spare tupperware just in case...

appollo

The journey begins.Buy something big or your wasting your time. :-)

Cfickter

You can use that cigars humidors are converting to metric. You take the number of cigars u think u want to keep. Double it and add 32!
Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

MusicCity

toby2

nice! this was latest add. the cabinets are full...

Koop

I'm a newby also. I bought a 50 count desktop humidor - really holds 30 - 35 sticks. A week later I bought a 125 count humidor - really holds 75-80 sticks. We're both starting a journey, but I'm space limited since we are full -time travelers living in our motorhome as we travel the USA. Best of luck and enjoy!

Chefjohn

Thanks Koop, you too. Safe travels. Keep in touch.

DonM

Don't be a Dave..... He spends one of his days off doing humidor maintenance.  Or he opens 10 humidors just to find the cigar he was looking for

I smoke a cigar while Dave is doing Humi maintenance :lmao:

"The Curmudgeon"

Chefjohn

I don't think I have that kind of patience but who knows where this journey will take me.

gitfiddl

There actually are advantages to having multiple humidors.  In the off-chance a tobacco beetle outbreak or mold problems develop, it's isolated to one humidor and a relatively small number of cigars.  And while my online humidor is woefully out of date, my humidors are pretty well sorted.  One for Fuentes, one for Pepins, one for 5 Vegas, etc.  I've got one for moochers and yard-gars that's the free-for-all BBQ time humidor.

amigodecigars

I started with a 25 ct. humidor and now........look what happened!                                                                                                                                                          
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

gitfiddl

Quoteamigodecigars - 6/3/2018  12:54 PM

Take that, Don!

Otter

R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

junglepete

You'll enjoy it no matter what route you choose. Congrats on your first one!
Guru of Frugality

"It is your decisions, not your conditions that shape your life."  ~Tony Robbins~

Camshaft83

Quotegitfiddl - 6/3/2018  11:44 AM

Quoteamigodecigars - 6/3/2018  12:54 PM

Take that, Don!

:lmao:  :lmao: Best thing I've read today.
Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." Winston Churchill

CG Members, B&M, and Lounge Map
https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=zW2lHNBne7i4.kZ0NflvIrjLo&usp=sharing

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.