How the Nicaraguan Crisis Could Impact the Premium Cigar Industry

Started by amigodecigars, 06/03/2018 08:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amigodecigars

During the past month, Nicaragua has experienced its greatest political crisis since the Revolution.      Full story here:                                                        https://cigar-coop.com/2018/06/feature-story-how-the-nicaraguan-crisis-could-impact-the-premium-cigar-industry.html                                 
"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

gitfiddl

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

amigodecigars

Dictator DanielOrtega Determined to Remain in Power until 2021.  He didn’t order a stop to the repression and he asked the bishops for two days to analyze the agenda for the democratization of the country, put forth in the dialogue three weeks ago.  Over 120 people killed.  Russia is staying very quiet.  Complete story here......................                                                                                    https://www.havanatimes.org/?p=134445&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+havanatimes%2Fapge+%28Havana+Times+Posts%29

"There are plenty of good five-cent cigars in the country. The trouble is they cost a quarter. What this country needs is a good five-cent nickel."  Franklin Pierce Adams

amigodecigars

Business chamber says up to 6,000
trucks are trapped in Nicaragua.  
Among the products that are known to be in transit through Nicaragua are raw materials, grains, perishable products, refrigerated products and chemicals.                                

amigodecigars

toby2

i was thinking about this too. time to buy a few boxes maybe....

Jackal

I have been on that road.  It barely qualifies as a road, but it is pretty much the only road leading through the country.

They blocked it off during the Ortega revolutions.  Shut down pretty much all transport through the country.

I'll do what I will and I'll drink what I please
I'll smoke what I like 'till I cough and I wheeze
I'll drink and I'll whore and every pleasure realize
For this time tomorrow I may die

amigodecigars

Better stock up on your favorite Nica sticks.  The Bureau of Consular Affairs of the United States Department of State issued a Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) advisory for Nicaragua due to “crime, civil unrest and limited healthcare availability”.

Nicaragua has been facing a serious crisis that began in April 18, when college students took to the streets to protest the revocation of the social security and pension reforms approved unilaterally without the approval of congress; however, the tension escalated quickly due to the government’s acts of repression.

So far, the conflict has left at least 148 deaths, many injured and importance financial losses for the country and different economic sectors.

The increased tension has motivated the travel advisory by the United States.  Ollie North where are you?  :>)

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.