Butane Question

Started by Chefjohn, 06/26/2018 02:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chefjohn

I have a Vertigo Quad lighter. Is there a particular brand of butane you would recommend? I have a can of Zippo butane that I use for my kitchen torch but wasn't sure if it was suitable for my lighter.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

jagfandaddy

Yep, that's what I use
"Happiness? A good cigar, a good meal, a good cigar and a good woman - or a bad woman; it depends on how much happiness you can handle."
 George Burns

appollo

Whatever the brand the less impurities the better.I use Xikar. :-)

gitfiddl

I typically use Jetline or Xikar butane. I had problems using Zippo butane in a Xikar once.  It started to sputter and cough.  After I purged and refilled it a couple times with a better refined butane, the problems went away.  Interestingly enough, my cheap Ronson Jet Lite lighters seem to do just fine with the cheaper stuff.  My guess is it has to do with manufacturing tolerances.

Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

DonM

Jetliner or Xikar are all I use

:bigthumbs:

"The Curmudgeon"

Chefjohn

Thanks for the input guys.

Koop

I use Ronson Ultra Butane from Walmart in my Vertigo triple. I had to adjust the flame lower when I first used it and it's been great ever since.

Chefjohn

QuoteKoop - 6/26/2018  6:19 PM

I use Ronson Ultra Butane from Walmart in my Vertigo triple. I had to adjust the flame lower when I first used it and it's been great ever since.

Yeah so far I like the Vertigo Quad.

Cfickter

QuoteDonM - 6/26/2018  5:19 PM  Jetliner or Xikar are all I use   :bigthumbs:  

Hate to admit when Don is right, but have to here

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

gitfiddl

QuoteKoop - 6/26/2018  6:19 PM

I've never seen that at the Walmarts.  I'll have to check it out.  All I've ever seen was the standard Zippo/Ronson stuff.
Self-appointed Guru of Pass Container Sizing,  All Things Midgetly Stripperish, and general "Stirrer of the Puddin'".

wescat

The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

toby2

once i stopped using Xikar and started using Vector 14x my lighters stopped stopping up. buy it by the case and it's cheap.

PurosIndios1

Personally i've just been using my grill lighter and it's been working out well for me so far. Does that use butane?

shakinghorizons

QuotePurosIndios1 - 6/28/2018  9:04 PM

Personally i've just been using my grill lighter and it's been working out well for me so far. Does that use butane?

Pure organic Indian spirits.

Otter

Xikars new high altitude butane in the black can has a cleaner in the formula I've found it can bring old torch nozzles back to life.
R, Otter
------------------------------------------------------
Certified Retail Tobacconist
CRA Ambassador #0264
Twitter: @GeekCoefficient
Instagram: Geekcoefficient
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cigargeeks/

My Virtual Humidor: http://tinyurl.com/a9umtsr

c9belayer

Another vote for Xikar. I buy the Xikar Butane 8 oz. - 2 pk on Amazon. I use it in all my lighters. Truth be told, once I bought the Jetline Tusk lighter, I don't really use the others!
-- c9belayer

Chefjohn

Thanks guys. I went with Xikar.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.