Frank Llaneza 1961 Magnum

Started by wescat, 07/01/2018 06:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wescat

Cigarpage has Frank Llaneza 1961 Magnum 5 packs for $15, with free shipping, which is about as cheap as these get:   https://www.cigarpage.com/five-packs-galore-plus-freebie.html

Check out Nathan's review of it here:   http://www.cigargeeks.com/index.php?action=cigars;area=showcig;cigar_id=27790&t=Frank_Llaneza_1961_Magnum

If you've never had one, consider buying a 5 pack. It's not that it's the best cigar you've ever had, the deal is that this cigar was Frank Llaneza's opus, it is no longer being made, and Frank Llaneza was the real deal, an ooooold school tobacco man. He owned Villazon, in the '90's they made 30 million cigars per year.

Here is an interview of Frank from 1999:  https://www.cigaraficionado.com/article/interview-frank-llaneza-of-villazon-7362

The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Chefjohn

Thanks for the info Kevin. I ordered a 5 pack. Sounds like a good cigar and definitely a good deal.
Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Cfickter

Guru Master of the Minions

Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a department of our government!

Gunga galunga ... gunga, gunga-lagunga." - Carl Spackler

Education is important, cigars are importanter!

I like long walks, especially when they're taken by people who annoy me

benchjockey

You learn more by listening then you do from talking.

StogieDad

These are really good.  Jared (theburnward) turned me on to these a few years ago and I have burned most of a box of torpedos.  Might grab a fiver myself.
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form."
-- Winston Churchill

"It has been my experience that folks who have no vices, have very few virtues."
-- Abraham Lincoln

"I call this turf 'n' turf. It's a 16 oz T-bone and a 24 oz porterhouse. Also, whiskey and a cigar. I am going to consume all of this at the same time because I am a free American."
-- Ron Swanson

wescat

QuoteStogieDad - 7/2/2018  8:57 AM

These are really good.  Jared (theburnward) turned me on to these a few years ago and I have burned most of a box of torpedos.  Might grab a fiver myself.
It makes sense that Jared likes them. I picked up this box of Double Coronas back in 2011, off of Thompson Auction. Tasty. I remember that LowPro liked them too.
The second law chases us all.
In most realms, tranquility comes from ownership.
Order ensues when everyone totes their own water.  
Stand firm, and never let the bastards grind you down.  
Life's arc is primarily charted between ones ears.
Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.
Heaven is where the police are British, the lovers French, the mechanics German, the chefs Italian, and it is all organized by the Swiss.
Hell is where the police are German, the lovers Swiss, the mechanics French, the chefs British, and it is all organized by the Italians.
Be Sunny ¦ Stay Frosty.

Privacy Policy     Terms of Service
Copyright © 2007-2024 Cigar Geeks, Inc. All rights reserved.